My T:slim and Dexcom Journey: Observations, Questions, Compliments, and Concerns

@Thomas:woman_facepalming:… what kind of numbskull would I have to be to be guessing at codes?? That would take a special brand of stupid. :rofl:

I have noticed just enough to wonder if it’s a thing that some of the sensors within the same box have the same code. I was just throwing it out to see if you guys could confirm. I also take pictures of all of my codes and LOT numbers and all of that and will start logging the start/stop times (which I think is a great idea but doesn’t mean it’s not obsessive).

Guessing at codes… :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hey - Just want to be sure you stay safe.
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh, it’s nice to hear that effort can affect results. This is the way it’s supposed to be. Not every day, obviously… diabetes won’t have that. But I’ve seen you put in this kind of effort before and not get the results. This makes me happy.

But that makes me even happier. That’s good cheer. I’m gonna go smile at someone. :grin:

1 Like

I agree. 12 & 24 hour trigger an emotional and incorrect “failure” thing. 3 & 6 are warm and fuzzy. Only look at 12 to see a full night picture if I need to.

All the documenting, note taking and monitoring in the beginning of IQ was with the goal of cruising! That’s where I am now and it was worth every minute. I’m willing to put that effort in when I have accurate reliable tools that work!!! It’s rewarding and I’m so grateful. I’ve never experienced it before. The 670 forced me to work much harder with no positive results. I felt battered and bruised. I can’t believe I was able to get out of it with my insurance and move to Tandem. I knew Dexcom was the answer all along.

2 Likes

Search the App Store on your iPhone. It will lead you through set up. Don’t hesitate to email the help guys. They are great.

1 Like

I love this statement so much.

2 Likes

If you have a Mac computer you can also get a Sugarmate app for your menu bar, which I find super handy :slight_smile:

I don’t really use t:connect unless I want info on how much/when Basal IQ has been active. I don’t really like the look of the graphs it outputs so I don’t check them very often. Also, I only ever put my actual BG into the pump when I’m correcting a high and the reports always show me a crazy “average BG” because of it — not a fan of that stat lol :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Mine, too. I was joking about the one hour… though it is always the one I want to take a picture of. :grin: I also like the 6, but I don’t need that information as often as I do the last three hours. It’s where I go with a mystery I need to solve.

1 Like

I haven’t put it in once. I don’t use the calculator and choose to make up my own bolus amounts— which so far hasn’t killed me. :crossed_fingers:

Yeah ditto. I just uploaded and took another look at the t:connect reports. Still not impressed.

But I like the Dexcom Clarity reports !!!
:stuck_out_tongue:

And I also still use Diasend even though it now takes about 10 minutes to upload the X2. So I don’t do the Diasend upload very often.

(And more frequent Diasend uploads does not make it faster as is the case with Tandem - something obviously not coded very efficiently on the Diasend uploader plus the Diasend uploader still does not pull in the X2 cgm data even with the new and recently updated Diasend uploaded.)

Also agreed that t:connect appears to be the only place to get easy stats on the Basal-IQ usage. So for that - sure - worth the minor trouble. At least Tandem has a good uploader.

I do find this information helpful if looking back in history. If you put the BG in then it records that number with the bolus in the history even if you override the bolus calculations.

I am not often in the history but sometimes it is convenient. Probably more so when two people are operating the pump. ie - A child during the day and a parent at night.

1 Like

BTW - My deletes posts in this thread. Just trying to consolidate my replies. Apparently the interface hates it if I do a reply back to each person in its own message reply. So then I consolidate and delete the individual posts. And the interface (apparently) is happier.

Whatever it takes…

6 Likes

I thought maybe you were cussing us out— then feeling remorseful. :grin:

3 Likes

Nah. I save my remorse for other things.

:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Going in. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I don’t know why, but that was easy. :grin:

2 Likes

Yay! As I think back it was mainly getting it on my Apple Watch that gave me trouble.

I’ve been thinking about this Thomas.

How is this even be possible? In my mind I can’t imagine any way for them to know that you are using a sensor more than once. I don’t know anything about the workings of the transmitter but in my simple logical mind I don’t see how it would be possible.

Oh okay. That’s another level. I think I’ll just sit with my small victory today and deal with that when I’m in the mood for drama. :grin:

1 Like

I think it would have been easy.

I think there are really smart people who work at Dexcom.

Hence, I think they deliberately did not try very hard and did just enough to satisfy what the FDA demanded.

Followup - Unless the FDA presses the issue, I don’t see Dexcom changing this.

1 Like

I’m going to go with that!!

I don’t know what that error is all about. There are so many that people say pop up when restarting. I’ll stick to my process and scroll on by.

1 Like