Most BG tests you've done in a day?

I had a bit of a mission today, and I tested my BG a lot. I just looked at my numbers. 59 tests so far today, and it’s not over yet. Not a normal day! :smiley:

What’s your BG testing record for most times in a day?

1 Like

We probably maxxed out at 12~15 before the cgm when I was doing basal testing.

2 Likes

The most I can remember is 18, it involved three 7 inning baseball games and associated meals.

3 Likes

I’m not surprised you hit that number. :wink: I think the max I’ve done is around 25.

2 Likes

Probably around 14 or 15 on a bad MDI day before CGM. I tried to do 8 routinely, and maybe a couple extra if I was in trouble.

2 Likes

Holy cannoli! (Holy little stabber! Holy lancet device?) I really hope you switch out your finger poker more often than @docslotnick does! Lol!

1 Like

I think SOMEBODY mentioned when the batteries on the smoke alarm are changed. No idea who that might have been…

:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

i do not have a cgm, so i test very often so that i can see trends and see how my BGs are pre, during, and post swim. i would say i average about 25 times a day.

and like Doc, i always forget to change my lancet. my poor fingertips are so callused and raw :wink:.

2 Likes

Probably 8 - 15 per day…some days a lot more and other days not as much. Each day depends on how much roller-coaster action is happening.

1 Like

I used to test 10-12 times per day routinely before I got a CGM. I’d say my max was probably 20-25 in one day.

Since going on the CGM, I average about six tests per day. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on how the CGM is performing and the kind of day it is.

1 Like

8-10 times a day is normal for me.
Have had a couple of 15+ test days, once for monitoring high glucose levels after eating pasta on a trip to Olive Garden, which lasted well past 4am. Another similar event after eating a single slice of Little Caesar’s pizza with dinner.

I’d guess my max might have been around 40ish… normal is more like 8-10 but it varies a lot with what’s going on and if I’m departing from routine… that’s without a cgm. I find that I actually test MORE when I’m using the cgm because I’m constantly looking at bizarre things on the cgm and going “that can’t be right I better check”

4 Likes

i just started my trial week with the dexcom, and my readings are so out of range, consistantly, that i am finding i am deff testing more than usual.

i am testing the G4, though, and its accuracy is deff not impressive. i havent had one single reliable reading from it in the past 3 days. whats the point?

my A1c is 4.9% last tuesday the 3rd of april without using the dexcom, just using finger sticks. how much could that dexcom benefit me?

1 Like

How far off is it? It will always be a bit off when your BG is changing, because it has to catch-up. But how close is it to your BG when you are flat?

it has been off between 20 and 40 points with arrows going up or down or straight forward. it hasnt given me one useful piece of info since i’ve been wearing it. not 1.

EDIT: looking at the receiver and my finger sticks, its been accurate within 5 points over the past 2 hours. i have had a relative flat line since 9:30 this morning.

2 Likes

What kind of receiver did you get with it?

Do you have the one that looks like this?

Or this?

1 Like

the receiver i am using is the one that resembles the top one in your pics. (the older version, i think)

1 Like

Don’t get rid of it! If you give up on the Dexcom, I know someone on this forum who will buy it from you. :wink:

1 Like

i think that i even have 2 of them. one is the dex G4 and the other is the dex G5.

(the one that i am hooked up to now belongs to the endo; its a “trial” dex.)

It’s useless for me… I stopped using it. The value it added was nowhere near the discomfort it caused for me

Too much information is not necessarily a good thing all the time, particularly if it’s totally wrong information

3 Likes