Most BG tests you've done in a day?

its nice for me to know that i am not alone in this situation. i was beginning to feel like i was totally the odd-man-out. (everyone who has posted seems to love it…well, everyone except you and me :wink:.)

1 Like

@Thomas
If DM has a G4 receiver, my understanding is that it will not work with a G5 transmitter, but I am not 100% sure. Is that correct? That the G4 and G5 sensors are interchangeable, but the receivers are not?

1 Like

i think that only the transmitters are interchangable, but i could be wrong; its been a long time. you can always just call Dex Tech and ask. they’ll be more than happy to help out :sunny:

1 Like

The transmitters are not interchangeable. The sensors are. Just not sure about the receivers.

Dexcom says they are not interchangeable. but I learned long ago not to listen to what the diabetes companies tell me. I’d rather ask someone here.

Use Correct Transmitter, Receiver, and Sensor
Different generations of Dexcom CGM System transmitters and receivers are not interchangeable with each other.
The Dexcom G5 transmitter and receiver are not compatible with the Dexcom G4 PLATINUM CGM System transmitter and receiver. The Dexcom G5 will not work if you mix the transmitter and receiver from different generations.
You can use a Dexcom G4 PLATINUM sensor with the Dexcom G5 System. Before using the sensor, make sure the sensor label says “Dexcom G5 Mobile/G4 PLATINUM Sensor” or “Dexcom G4 PLATINUM Sensor.”
2 Likes

Think you’re saying the same thing… the same sensor fits either the G4 or G5 transmitter…

1 Like

either way, i have BOTH the G5 and the G4 receivers just sitting in a bag in the closet doing nothing.

1 Like

Right, I was saying a G4 or G5 transmitter works with the same sensor. The only question was if either receiver would work. I think the answer is no, but not completely sure.

1 Like

So, on the G5 receiver…

I know a guy on FUD who would be interested in it, if it can hold a charge.

Eventually they get crappy and don’t hold a charge for any length of time.

1 Like

i have absolutely no idea if it can or cannot. i could charge it and see what happens. but thats the best i could do as i havent used it in about 3 years.

1 Like

Sure, if you want to sell it. Plug it in, charge it all the way up and see if it holds the charge.

1 Like

no problem. i’ll fire it up tonight. which one? the G4 or the G5 ?

1 Like

why dont all you very silly boys just call up Dex Tech Support and ASK THEM ALREADY???

2 Likes

well, currently, i am charging up the G4. i dont have the right charger for the G5. cant find it anywhere, so i cant tell you if it will hold its charge power. but i will deff let you know what happens with the G4. i should know in about an hour or so, right? or should i keep it on over-night once its been charged?

not certain how this process is done.

PS: when i was on the Dex years back, i loved their tech support team. they were top notch, 100%.

2 Likes

Men don’t need support except athletic support.

3 Likes

like i said, you are all very silly boys :wink:

1 Like

Back to the original question (sorry I’m staying on topic), but I regularly finger poke 7-8 times per day. Maybe that’s why my Dexcom is so accurate.

But the most times I’ve ever taken my blood sugar has been about 25 or 30 when the Dexcom was on the fritz. And that’s without changing the lancet, naturally.

2 Likes

80! I’m a numbers junkie. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well you for sure fit right in here. We specialize in over-achievers, and in as non-judgmental way as possible please let me say you are cray cray!

4 Likes

I can get carried away. :smile:

2 Likes

I think the usefulness of the CGM depends on our body type. I’m under the impression that @Sam @daisymae and I, we don’t have a lot of body fat. I also don’t have a lot of real estate from which to choose to place the Dexcom. My problem with the Dexcom was that even during flat times, the readings were generally about 10-20 points off - which led to testing anyway. When my very intellectually curious son asked me why did I still need to fingerstick so frequently if I were using the CGM, and I could not provide a valid reason, that’s when I put it away. CGM measures the ISF. So for whatever reasons not clear to me, perhaps some folks have measurable ISF that correlates better with their actual BG. It must have to do with the point of insertion, our hydration level…etc. For me, if I compressed it, slept on it “wrong”, rolled over it…etc. There are people who sleep a certain way, prop a pillow in a certain position, in order for the Dex to work properly. That’s just too much effort.

I really don’t mind the fingersticks. Maybe around 15 is the most that I’ve done in a day; averaging between 6-8. I’m a pretty “habitual” person for the most part.

2 Likes