Moose, blowtorches, kitchen gadgets and us

If you got any one of them you’d wonder how you lived without… the air fryer would probably be a good place to start if you’re less into cooking, followed by instant pot, and sous vide is for real enthusiasts

2 Likes

The blowtorch is especially fun. My ex loved cooking sous vide, and it really wasn’t that hard to do.

1 Like

Well, I don’t have many kitchen gadgets, but I do have a blowtorch in the basement. I use mine for plumbing. I have the feeling it might melt a hole through the pan, so probably best if it stays there.

4 Likes

It’s not hard whatsoever, salt, pepper, ziplock bag or vacuum sealer and frying pan or blowtorch and anyone can be a word class chef… the one thing it does require though is planning meals well out in advance… which for some people is the problem

2 Likes

That would for me most days… What is in the fridge is what I cook :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just realized this thread is labeled “strictly about pizza” guess we have hijacked it. Maybe we better do something different

3 Likes

We are an easily distractible bunch… Do we blame it on high blood sugar or low? Or both?

3 Likes

Let’s blame it on the wine :wink:

or the near-future margaritas!

4 Likes

Split! Hope you like the new title :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the huge problem for me. I plan meals, and then I forget what I planned, and wind up improvising or using the ingredients for an ad hoc meal that I needed for another.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s uncommon especially for families with young kids

1 Like

Moose and barley a la instant pot. Worth every instant

6 Likes

It looks absolutely delicious! You should ship some my way :slight_smile:

I love Creme Brûlée… my favorite dessert. With extra blowtorched sugar on the side.

4 Likes

For those that weren’t aware, the new instant pot duo evo has a “sous vide” function…

Granted it’s not going to be as good as a real sous vide without a circ pump… but in my assesment this is probably the best news of 2020.

2 Likes