Loop support

Loop will work on the watch. You can bolus and such from it. Whether or not the phone has to be near, I am not sure. But there is an app (a complication, actually) for the watch.

Read about it here.

1 Like

She doesn’t want to carry it. No pockets no bag. Lunch is not in the classroom. I don’t argue with 16year olds. Rule #1 :grinning: So far it seams like it’s working. Will see when she gets home.

1 Like

Wow…there is a 16 year old on the planet who DOESN’T want to have their nose stuck in their phone? Color me surprised!!!

1 Like

Loop does not work on watch alone. Loop app runs on the phone, the watch is just a convenient interface to the app. The phone has to be in the physical vicinity of the RileyLink and the Dexcom transmitter, and the RileyLink has to be in the physical vicinity of the pod, which all really means that the user has to carry the phone around to maintain closed-loop Loop operation. But, if Loop looses connections, Pod will default to its pre-programmed basal rate, which may be acceptable and fine for some periods of time.

3 Likes

I am shocked.

(really)

2 Likes

Thank you! This is what I thought, but didn’t want to state it if I wasn’t 100% sure on it. Thanks for the verification @dm61!

2 Likes

This seems illegal because it’s a “reasonable accommodation.” But it’s the kind of illegal that the district may fight you on. If you got a lawyer though, you’d likely win and they’d back down. It just sucks that it has to be that way.