Long term pump use and infusion sets

How many people look closely at your knees? Variation: Who cares what other people think? If they’re that curious, they’re free to ask. Personally I wouldn’t let worrying what other people might think about an under-clothing bump here or there stop me getting the best diabetes control I can.

My insurance was just fine (Medicare paid 100% for everything), but I was uneducated and lazy and so dreaded having to stick that god-awful introducer needle into my belly (I am VERY lean and muscular too). It just hurt like hell, so I would prolong the inevitable for 4-5 days! Scar tissue developed and I changed infusion sets to the Sillouettes and starting changing them every 2 days. My scar tissue began to heal and since then I rarely have problems (but, of course, sometimes I must change them the next day or even the same day if I find that the insulin isn’t getting absorbed and my BGs are terribly out of wack).

I find my butt is a great site, btw, but I favor my tummy still. I cant even imagine using my calves!!! OUCH. and I also use the short tubing and the shortest needle that Medtronic makes (its like child-sized)

good luck. prayers are with you :pray: :heart:

2 Likes