Life-changing! 😋

I was low tonight, so I poured some honey on top of a piece of bacon.

OMG!

:yum:

I know, anything tastes good when you are low. But this took it to another level. :grinning:

Anyone else ever tried this?!?

7 Likes

If you want to make it ahead of time here is a good looking recipe for it, I imagine the apple cider vinegar will improve the taste immensely.

4 Likes

This sounds delicious. Ceyenne pepper too. Yum

3 Likes

Then chop it up and sprinkle it on top of a huge plate of poutine.

2 Likes

That recipe does look good!

Part of the appeal to me was just the random assemblage of items I found in the kitchen at the moment, without any prior planning.

I was very low, was not really processing too quickly.

I saw some bacon and thought, “This isn’t gonna help…:thinking:” And then I started digging around the kitchen and found some honey.

What made it taste great was just the randomness of putting it together. Plus the fact that had I not been low, I never would have made it. :grinning:

I wonder if there is enough experience here on FUD that if we started a thread of random things you’ve made when low, if we could create a cool list.

I have a bunch of drinks I could add. I have made a lot of “non-recipe” drinks for lowness.

I remember I posted this one long ago.

This :arrow_up: cracked me up to read it again! It’s like I have a habit of putting together random crap when low and saying it’s the best thing ever. :man_facepalming:
(But really, that Guinness one is incredible!)

8 Likes

Those all sound like surprising and great combinations. Sometimes it’s so surprising what things fit so well together - and conversely, some things that don’t fit at all well. Specifically, last night I had smoked chicken and pasta and pesto sauce and the combination did not work great - not like Guinness and Vanilla Ice Cream, which I could imagine being really good.

I love salt water taffy, and the only time I can eat it without guilt is when I’m running low.

e

3 Likes

The funny thing is I think you picked the one combination that wouldn’t work. A cream sauce, butter sauce, browned butter sauce, and even I think a red sauce would have worked with that smoked chicken.

1 Like

Ages ago, when I was a little punkrock girl in Boston, the Delihaus in Kenmore Sq had these amazing Guinness floats. On a hot summer night after thrashing around in a mosh pit, those were my go-to.

4 Likes

Share some pics of you in the mosh pit! :grinning:

1 Like

@Eric bacon and chocolate is tasty too!

5 Likes

I argue that bacon makes everything taste better. :smiley:

4 Likes

As we know, FUD is always way ahead of the curve…

1 Like

I think if you want to argue that point @ClaudnDaye , you might be arguing with yourself. Bacon DOES make everything taste better. mic drop :rofl:

4 Likes

But if Bacon is the main dish, then what makes Bacon taste better? Honey, Cider Vinegar, Cayenne pepper that is what!

2 Likes

MORE bacon!!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Maple Bacon is awesome! Think crispy bacon slathered in maple syrup.

3 Likes

Yum! to a factor of 100!!

3 Likes

absolutely ANYTHING with chocolate is tasty too! (as most of you know, I am beyond just a fan of dark chocolate and dark chocolate chip cookies.) :yum:

4 Likes