Libre 2 App for USA

Juggluco says “Installed library” but i still get a scan error.

1 Like

I will add it to the google play description and find out what is wrong.

1 Like

Let me know if you need any help testing.

1 Like

Actually, going without alarms for a few days hasn’t been that bad.

2 Likes

Would it theoretically be possible to make the app return alarms to the device that started the sensor? Not asking you to implement that, I’m just trying to understand how this works.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean with device? I can make a patched version of the Librelink app and at the moment they supply certain values, put there the values used by Juggluco. That is not so difficult. I incorporate then in Librelink Juggluco’s mirror function to receive data from Juggluco. But why do you want to use Librelink?

To turn back to a previous discussion: Earlier I had made something to get streaming from a sensor by reusing the settings of librelink. I tried it and it didn’t work, probably because I also needed the exact time or because I tried if from a different device.

1 Like

By device I mean the Libre reader or Librelink app. Your app can somehow take over the alarms from the reader or the librelink app, but would it be possible to undo that once Juggluco has taken over the alarms? I’m not asking you to make this, just trying to understand how this works.

1 Like

Another version of Juggluco will after scanning take over the Bluetooth connection if you don’t turn off ‘Sensor via bluetooth’ in its settings. So it is possible.

1 Like

How is it determined which device gets the Bluetooth connection with the sensor? Is it just a matter of setting a variable on the sensor?

1 Like

During scanning you can enable streaming giving certain data. This data you use later via Bluetooth to unlock the sensor.

2 Likes

I made some changes in Juggluco, do you still get a scan error? Did you use US or Canadian sensors? Canadian sensors seem to be the same as European sensors if I look at the configuration files of the FreeStyle libre 2 app:

CA2_bld_cfg.json: “ProductType3”: “0,2,5,7,9,B”,
NL_bld_cfg.json: “ProductType3”: “0,2,5,7,9,B”,
US2_bld_cfg.json: “ProductType3”: “0,1,4,5,6,8,9,A”,

I have put a patch of the US FreeStyle Libre 2 on the web which can send glucose value to Juggluco (bed - Browse /binpatch at SourceForge.net).

You can also try that.

2 Likes

Thank you for the development of this app, it addresses missing features in the freestyle libre 2 app.

I have experienced a significant problem see below. Let me know if I can provide additional info, log files,etc.

problem

The first 2 days juggluco lost connection many times. The first day lost connection once for 3hrs. 2nd day 1st disconnect was 3hrs. 2nd disconnect was for 8 hrs. I’m on the 4th day. No significant disconnects on 3rd & 4th days.

Configuration

I am using samsung a51 android vers 12 - canadian libre 2 - juggluco Jun 29, 2022 - xdrip curent version - canadian libre 2 app 2.5.3.6373

I have followed the following steps

1-scan new sensor with Canadian libre 2 app

2-after an hour, scanned the sensor with juggluco

3-in Juggluco select send to xdrip, use bluetooth.

To fix the problem:

nothing worked,

I restarted my phone

-in juggluco

-settings-deselected “sensor via bluetooth” & “send to xdrip”- ok. Then reenabled “sensor via bluetooth” & “send to xdrip” - ok

-sensor-“forget” & “reenable”- “use bluetooth” - close then reenabled

1 Like

As I understand it, when you wrote this, you were using Juggluco for four days and didn’t have connection problems on day three and four, but earlier you experienced long periods without receiving glucose values via Bluetooth. Thus in principle it is working.

A screenshot of the sensor screen (the screen where you also found “forget” and “reenable”) during such a long period of connection problems would be useful to see where the problem is located.

If Juggluco doesn’t manage to receive glucose values from the sensor, it is generally useful to force close the app that previously had a Bluetooth connection with the sensor (in your case the Canadian Libre 2 app).

Turning Bluetooth off and on can help.

Also scanning the sensor a few times with a few minutes between is sometimes necessary.

It can happen that a sensor has long periods of unsolvable connection problems. Also some smartphones or smartwatches seems to have less connection problems than others. (Naturally you also have to stay near your smartphone.)

My current smartphone has very few connection problems (receiving 97% of the glucose values), but I have also experienced sometimes hours of connection problems for no apparent reason.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response and the suggestions will give it a try.
1-About 4 hours after I posted this i did have a 3 hour disconnection. So it seems as if the issue isn’t completely resolved.

2-I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence however after stopping the sensor in xdrip it started working again on 2 separate occasions.

Questions
1-Please provide a list of the smartphones and smartwatches that you have received good reports on.

2-Is it possible to use a smartphone as a collector? If so which ones work best? Are they as consistent and reliable as a smartphone?

3-I know that after Juggluco scans the sensor that Librelink loses its ability to get the sensor data through bluetooth. Is it possible to force Librelink to regain the ability to retrieve the sensor data again after scanning with Juggluco? This could be used as a backup when Juggluco loses its connection.

1 Like

If you want me to see what is wrong, show a screenshot of Left menu->sensor during such a period of connection problems.

What xDrip does has totally no influence of the contact of Juggluco with the sensor except that xDrip takes in memory and storage space what probably isn’t exhausted.

Librelink does only enables Bluetooth when it starts a sensor, so you can not later regain the Bluetooth connection. The patch Libre 2 app does get a Bluetooth connection with a sensor when a sensor is started by another app, but it’s alarms are disabled, so you can only sends it glucose values to Juggluco.

What do you want to do with that collector? Display the glucose value on multiple smartphones?

1 Like

thank you,
-I will send a pic next time.
-I would like to use the smartwatch as the only means of connection to the sensor to minimize opening the phone in the middle of the night to stop alarms

1 Like

You can run Juggluco on Wear OS.
Even if you connect the sensor with your smartphone and send the data from your smartphone to the watch can, you stop alarms on your watch if you disable alarms on your smartphone and keep them enabled on your watch. But it is also possible to let the Wear OS version of Juggluco connect with the sensor, but Samsung Galaxy Watch4 gives much more connection problems than my Chinese smartphone.

1 Like

Thank you,
-Attached is a screen capture of the error screen during a 7 hour disconnect yesterday.

-Do you have a recommended brand/model of smartwatch to be used together with smartphone?

1 Like

In general it seems that the following does reconnect in this order

in juggluco
-sensor-deselect- “use bluetooth”
-settings-select “sensor via bluetooth” & deselect “send to xdrip”- ok.
restarted my phone

in juggluco
-settings-select “send to xdrip”- ok.

1 Like

But this is a connection error for less than 37 seconds. At 07-07 15:31:20 your phone had a Bluetooth connection with the sensor. To know what is really going on, you should also show the last row of the sensor screen.