Libre 2 App for USA

I agree that the LibreLink app vibrations are confusing. Personally I prefer the reader which only vibrates once when the sensor has been scanned.
What I mean by vibrating like crazy is that it is not steadily vibrating, but rapidly repeating short vibration signals. That really gets on my nerves. The first time I tried to scan the sensor with Juggluco the vibrations gave me the impression that something was wrong with my phone or the app.
I think the app has potential, but could be improved.

1 Like

I may have missed something in the documentation or a notification, but after scanning the sensor with the app, alarms no longer seem to work on the reader. :frowning:

1 Like

To cite from the 7th sentence of “https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.glucodata

“After Juggluco has taken over the Bluetooth connection with the sensor, Librelinks will never again enable its alarms with this sensor, but Juggluco has also alarms and displays every minute your current glucose value.”

I don’t have a Freestyle Reader with alarms, but I could guess that it also would apply.

2 Likes

Too bad I missed that. On second thought, I think that would have been a great optional feature for the patched LibreLink app.

1 Like

Juggluco doesn’t need to be the one who activated the sensor to make a Bluetooth connection. Librelink does. Can you easily install an unpatched version of Librelink besides the patched one and let both use alarms with the same sensor?

1 Like

I would like to use the patched LibreLink as a CGM and have the reader device as a backup (without the alarms), but the reader can only scan sensors that it has activated itself. In addition that would enable uploading the data to Libreview.

1 Like

I have added an option to the setting menu “Wait with enabling streaming”. If set Juggluco will first wait and see if maybe Librelink has already turned on the Bluetooth in the sensor and try to guess what info that app had had send to the sensor for authentication. I can test this only once in 14 days when I have a new sensor and I hadn’t jet the possibility to try it out. But maybe you can spend a few sensors to find it out. It certainly will not work, if the previous app was Juggluco.

You can download this version from:

http://jkaltes.byethost16.com/Juggluco/index.html

It will take some time before it is on Google Play.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s quick! Sounds good, but I can’t test it yet. There are still 10 days left on my current sensor.

1 Like

If you are currently using Librelink with alarms you can immediately use it. I can’t because I don’t use Librelink.

1 Like

My current sensor was activated by the reader, but Juggluco has taken over the alarms.

1 Like

Any chance this app works with the canadian version?

With the Canadian version of what? Probably they have in Canada FreeStyle libre 2 sensors that are exactly the same as in other countries. Librelink uses google play account country registration to determine who can use what. Juggluco doesn’t select on country.

1 Like

Canadian version of the Freestyle app. Just wondering because I’m getting a scan error when i try to scan using the Juggluco app.

When you first start Juggluco you need to select a version of the Freestyle app before you begin. Does it matter which version you choose there?

I think that the sensors are region locked so will only work with the Freestyle app meant for that region.

1 Like

If you don’t have installed Librelink, you have to download Librelink and open it. Out it a library is extracted that is exactly the same independent of country. I don’t know what scan error you get. If you get “Scan Error, Try again” there goes something wrong with scanning. Something which is independent of the content of what is scanned and should always work. Also with old (used up) sensors.

You have than to place the sensor closer to where in the phone the NFC sensor sits. Scanning generally is more difficult with the phone than with the reader.

1 Like

Interesting.

I’ll keep trying but everytime I scan I get “Scan Error. Try again”. No issues scanning in the libre app though.

1 Like

Have you now installed the libre app, because earlier you made clear it wasn’t installed.

1 Like

I do have the Libre app installed.

1 Like

If you had installed Librelink already when you ran Juggluco for the first time, you wouldn’t be asked to download and open a librelink apk.

You can write a bug report:

If you encounter a problem in Juggluco, you can send an e-mail to jaapkorthalsaltes@gmail.com

The e-mail should contain all the information needed to diagnose the problem. Include the following:

Description of problem plus screenshots to illustrate the problem.

Screenshot(s) of settings (Left menu, Settings)

Screenshot of Left menu, Sensor (for each sensor)

If alarms give problems, screenshots of alarm settings.

If Mirror function gives problems, screenshot of Mirror (left middle menu, Mirror).

Everything else you consider relevant.

Sensor type

Sensor id: e.g. 3MH0078YXXW

Name of phone and system version

Information about phone (or other device)

Phone type

Model

Android Version

Build Number

2 Likes

Ok. I think I figured it out.

The Librelink app is used for European Libre 1 and 2 sensors.

In North America we have to use the Libre 2 app for libre 2 sensors. And you cannot use sensors from other regions with the wrong app.

Seems like this won’t work for me unfortunately.

Thanks for all the help though.

1 Like

You are right. I had only seen https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freestylelibre.app.ca

What happens if you download it from:

and open it at startup in Juggluco

1 Like