Liam’s first in-person Endo visit since covid started

5 1/2 hour drive each way but since it’s only required to go in person once per year we are ok with it. Great Endos are hard to come by and are worth the drive. Looks like he’s going to be on the shorter (but badder) side, like his dad. He’s in the 9th percentile for height at 4’2”. 68 lb (55th percentile) and his A1C was 6.1. Endo was very happy to see him and as always, pleased with his T1D management. We ate at the best seafood buffet in northern va (Crazy Crab) for lunch before beginning the drive back home.

Great day!

18 Likes

Come on, let the kid have some food. Sheesh, you are starving him!

:joy:

3 Likes

@ClaudnDaye I’m noting the picture shows Liam with a small styrofoam and bowl and a large drink…but all the crab, corn, etc. seems to be on YOUR side of the table! Sure…you’re going to tell us it’s a shared platter, but the “sharing” seems little one sided! :smiley:

Hey! Next time you’re up this way (Fairfax/DC), let me know, I’d like to say thanks in person for the help you’ve been to me personally!

Best wishes for Liam!

3 Likes

He hadn’t tried much of what we ate that day…calamari, crawfish, scallops, shrimp and crab legs. He didn’t like anything except for the crab legs (which would be my number 1 off all those also).

The bowl was clam chowder which he eats at home and he loved there also.

Will send you a message the next time we are going to be in the area!

I slowly went through the process of pulling the crawfish apart and, the final step of eating each one was sucking the brains out. He said that’s the most disgusting thing he’s ever seen anyone do with food. :D. So, naturally I made it a spectacle each time I consumed one.

4 Likes