Kind of annoyed by SNL this Saturday night

That’s really nice!!! The buses in DC are supposed to have these but they don’t seem to work very well. Occasionally I’ll board the bus with a guy who uses a walking cane, and he has had to ask a couple times which bus is approaching (there are 4 different routes that stop at that stop). I’ve always thought it was kinda pathetic that the alerts didn’t work consistently. Not that I mind telling him the bus route, but I imagine it’s annoying for him to have to ask the bus driver or other people waiting.

Those are some cool gadgets. I especially like the meter wristband. How convenient! Is the belt heavy?

The only heavy part is the drink. The strips and syringes are lightweight.

But with the drink, as you move on and drink it, it continually gets lighter, until eventually it’s empty and then it doesn’t weight much.

1 Like

It is much better to be able to tell myself what bus is appraoching. The one problem we still have even with the system is on busy routes where two, three, or even four buses sometimes pull up at once or in quick succession. During those times I often find myself running back and forth from bus to bus, so that’s one time I really do appreciate if someone asks what bus I’m waiting for and tells me where it is. (Supposedly if I wait in one spot the buses are supposed to each stop near me and ask if I’m waiting for them when they see someone waiting at one of the stops with a white cane, that doesn’t always happen…)

1 Like

Yes, I could see that being frustrating! That’s good for me to know though. If I see a line of buses coming then I’ll ask the guy at my stop which one he’s waiting for. It can be hard to know when you’re being helpful vs when you’re being annoying.

What I tell people is to always ask. It’s never a problem (for me and most other people) if someone asks, “There are three buses coming, do you need help finding which one is yours?” Almost daily I will have someone ask if I need help crossing the street while I’m waiting to cross, which is never a problem. It’s when people just assume that someone needs help (either by just providing the help without actually asking if it’s needed or by ignoring a negative answer and providing help anyway). And I should note that it’s not the person that irks me, really. It’s just a symptom of the overall problem of people thinking we’re either helpless or superheroes without much in between (I think that is hopefully changing a bit).

I do often feel bad for people without disabilities, because they’re only trying to be nice and some people will bite their head off for just asking, which then makes them scared to ever ask about person who has a disability if they need help.

Sorry everyone, but comedians don’t always have to be sensitive. If they were always worrying about not offending people, we would have missed out on so much like George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Andy Kaufman, Richard Pryor, and Eddie Murphy. I realize that some things just aren’t funny to joke about, but those things are relatively few and far between.
I laugh at my diabetes all the time. In a world were there are so many difficult and unfortunate scenarios, helping people laugh at difficulties often times helps them cope. I realize that SNLs’ skit might have been pretty terrible, but there was no real damage done (besides showing that they’ve lost a bit of their humor over the years) and it can always be turned off. Maybe they’ll learn a lesson about suitable humor based off of their loss in Neilson ratings.
If I’ve been a bit of a devil’s advocate here, I apologize for that (kind of). I just think there are more troubling things in the world than bad SNL skits…like overpriced/crappy insurance policies and most surgical wards lacking an understanding of endocrinology.

4 Likes

Ok then let’s educate them. I have YouTube and I interview myself also. My first one I show my test kit I currently use