Juggluco problem - frequent disconnection first couple of days, Canadian setup

Thank you to the developer of this app, it addresses missing features in the freestyle libre 2 app.

I have experienced a significant problem see below. Let me know if I can provide additional info, log files,etc. If anyone has any suggestions please reply.

problem

The first 2 days juggluco lost connection many times. The first day lost connection once for 3hrs. 2nd day 1st disconnect was 3hrs. 2nd disconnect was for 8 hrs. I’m on the 4th day. No significant disconnects on 3rd & 4th days.

Configuration

I am using samsung a51 android vers 12 - canadian libre 2 - juggluco Jun 29, 2022 - xdrip curent version - canadian libre 2 app 2.5.3.6373

I have followed the following steps

1-scan new sensor with Canadian libre 2 app

2-after an hour, scanned the sensor with juggluco

3-in Juggluco select send to xdrip, use bluetooth.

To fix the problem:

nothing worked,

I restarted my phone

-in juggluco

-settings-deselected “sensor via bluetooth” & “send to xdrip”- ok. Then reenabled “sensor via bluetooth” & “send to xdrip” - ok

-sensor-“forget” & “reenable”- “use bluetooth” - close then reenabled

Here is the answer form the developer and my reply in the thread at https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/libre-2-app-for-usa/11177/53?u=ast

As I understand it, when you wrote this, you were using Juggluco for four days and didn’t have connection problems on day three and four, but earlier you experienced long periods without receiving glucose values via Bluetooth. Thus in principle it is working.

A screenshot of the sensor screen (the screen where you also found “forget” and “reenable”) during such a long period of connection problems would be useful to see where the problem is located.

If Juggluco doesn’t manage to receive glucose values from the sensor, it is generally useful to force close the app that previously had a Bluetooth connection with the sensor (in your case the Canadian Libre 2 app).

Turning Bluetooth off and on can help.

Also scanning the sensor a few times with a few minutes between is sometimes necessary.

It can happen that a sensor has long periods of unsolvable connection problems. Also some smartphones or smartwatches seems to have less connection problems than others. (Naturally you also have to stay near your smartphone.)

My current smartphone has very few connection problems (receiving 97% of the glucose values), but I have also experienced sometimes hours of connection problems for no apparent reason.

My Reply

Thank you for the quick response and the suggestions will give it a try.
1-About 4 hours after I posted this i did have a 3 hour disconnection. So it seems as if the issue isn’t completely resolved.

2-I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence however after stopping the sensor in xdrip it started working again on 2 separate occasions.

Questions
1-Please provide a list of the smartphones and smartwatches that you have received good reports on.

2-Is it possible to use a smartphone as a collector? If so which ones work best? Are they as consistent and reliable as a smartphone?

3-I know that after Juggluco scans the sensor that Librelink loses its ability to get the sensor data through bluetooth. Is it possible to force Librelink to regain the ability to retrieve the sensor data again after scanning with Juggluco? This could be used as a backup when Juggluco loses its connection.

I answered this question here:

https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/libre-2-app-for-usa/11177/55

I am new to Juggluco (my first L2 Canada), a few years of L1 +Bubble. Using advise from more experienced users, I activated Libre with the Reader and uninstalled Libre app. Juggluco provides data to xDrip and updates Libreview for my endocrinologist clinic. Today is one week of use. Total of 3 disconnects, each when I left my phone for longer then 15 minutes. I think not having Libre 2 app compete for Bluetooth is the key, just as developer described. For completeness of info, my phone is Samsung S20FE, Android 13 (and Samsung Watch 3).