Juggluco & Libre2 - starting new sensor issues

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10plus and Galaxy4 watch.
Setting up initially was a massive chore, but i have used it through 2 sensors now and it has been great.
However, on starting a nee sensor last night, i could not get readings to show on the phone widget, nor the watch face.
I restarted the phone and that brought readings to the widget.
I have restarted the watch, and restarted the bluetooth connection and nothing is showing on the watch face.

I wish these things were easier. Can someone please help???

2 Likes

I don’t use Juggluco, but you can search this site for Juggluco and find other posts that may help.

Hi Gavin,

Are you currently using juggluco? If you describe your process and apps, maybe we can help you.

I personally used juggluco with libre 2 and xdrip on my Google phone. I currently use the same setup with libre 3.

2 Likes

Hi,

I really hope you can help me please.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10plus, and a Galaxy Watch 4.

I spent a very long time trying to get my blood glucose readings on my new watch when I initially bought it. It was purchased for use while half marathon training.

Eventually, after much trial and error, we used the follow apps in conjunction and it worked well. It took us a long time to get all settings right and if I’m honest, I forget everything we tried. There was so many apps and variables, it was numerous whole evenings, my girlfriend and I. Exhausting!

However, I am now on my third libre2 sensor using the following apps: andJuggluco, G-Watch Wear, Librelink and I have been unable to get readings on the watch for this sensor. And the last one took me some time of fiddling but I am not even sure what made the difference in the end.

I get readings that update every minute on a widget on my phone home screen, and they should and have on previous sensors shown on the watch face too.

There are two faces to choose from with G-WatchWear app. And neither of these on my watch are showing the blood glucose readings. They do show other items that can be put into other blocks on the screen, but the central block does not allow anything to be inserted and is reserved for Blood glucose readings it seems.

Please ask me any questions necessary.

Thanks in advance and I’m praying you can help resolve this issue.

Hi Gavin,

So the main issue is the galaxy watch not showing your blood sugars? Have you considered installing xdrip? That may work better with the watch?

Hi Mike,
Yes that’s right. I spent ages last night with help from a guy who has written his own instructions. And we ran into problems using just the Juggluco app with Freestyle Librelink. But in the end I uninstall G-Watch Wear app and re installed it and after clicking ‘Broadcast data’ on the juggluco app, the blood glucose reading returned to my watch face. It later disappeared and I have no idea why, then in the night it re appeared, but Im not sure what I did to make that happen.
There seems to be a multitude of ways to achieve this, but from what I’ve learnt so far, all are extremely temperamental.
Abbott should partner with one of these Apps and provide clear instructions and service for all users. I cannot even count the hours I’ve spent on this during initial setup and the 3 sensors used with it all so far.
I have not tried Xdrip, but have read a few times that it gives inaccurate readings.
So far, this morning, all is running well, but I am dreading next sensor change!
Many thanks,
Gavin

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s working for you!

Xdrip has been great for me over the past couple years. I like the BG predictions, and the variety of alarms that may be used-it’s very adaptable.

Do you ever have glitches with it???
Even though I’ve gotten this working it has stopped a couple of times for like an hour or so. Very annoying.

I gave xDrip+ a try for a month or so, years ago, and had to give up on it…it threw way too many errors and ate up way too much of my time. Posts somewhere on this site about my experiences with xDrip+. Hopefully those issues have been fixed…if so, it’s a great tool.

2 Likes

I’ve had great luck with xdrip+, no glitches I’ve noticed. I think @docslotnick talked about it on this site, if I recall correctly. It does take a little getting used to, and there are so many settings and little tweaks, many of which I don’t use.

I primarily use xdrip+ because the factory libre 3 app is so terrible, built with a one size fits all type mindset.

My top 3 list of xdrip+ features:

1. Alarms… High, low, urgent low, BG fall rate are the ones I use. Each has customizable sounds, vibration, snooze, override do not disturb, etc. You can even set different alarm settings for different times of the day.

2. Insulin on board simulation, and predictive simulations. Enter your bolus doses and carbs, and it will simulate and predict effects on BG. I have mine also setup to send a notice when low BG is predicted within a half hour.

3. Notifications sent by text message to loved ones for certain events, including the location of the device… I have mine setup to text my wife when I don’t respond within a set timeframe to an alert for low or high glucose.

I’m using it on a Google Pixel 3a, a few years old now, but it’s been working great. Previously, I used it on a Moto E4, that worked great as well.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike, maybe I will give Xdrip+ a try when ive had enough of Juggluco driving me crazy with stopping working. I hope my next sensor change goes well. Cheers

1 Like

Sounds good. And just to clarify, I use both juggluco and xdrip: juggluco to collect sensor data, which then sends that data to xdrip. I then use xdrip for basically everything diabetes related.

Ah i see. So who makes your sensors?
Too many brands and variables in this. No wonder most folk are confused!

Freestyle libre 3.

I understand the confusion, I’ve had a fair amount of it myself, and I’m an appreciator of technology!