I’ve been puking…

Lovely title, I know. Not sure what’s going on but I dowsed 3units for my meal, ate it and felt so sick. Just puked about 5 times and am trying to determine how many carbs that would amount to… does it work that way!? Like puked up about 15 mins after eating does that mean those carbs will not be absorbed?

1 Like

Those carbs probably won’t be absorbed. Keep an eye on your BG.

3 Likes

Have you checked your ketones? Hope you feel better soon!

3 Likes

Just threw everything in the wash and showered. Not feeling great but well enough to do that and no more puking. Blood ketones were 0.3 so not T1D related I guess :woman_shrugging:t3:

Blood sugars now shooting up, so going to take some more insulin. Fun times!

3 Likes

So sorry! I’m not one to get sick often, so I don’t have a lot of experience with your specific issue. I also don’t know if 3 units is typical for a meal or snack. But I do suggest you not only check your blood sugars but also stay hydrated. This is very important, since puking requires lots of liquids. (The worst DKA I ever experienced was due to the lack of liquids. Vomiting is also a warning sign for DKA.) Take a glucose tablet to help you deal with the added insulin in your system if necessary.

6 Likes

Pukey sick is the hardest kind of sick to manage. Sorry. Glad things seem to be on the mend.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds like possible ketones or… equally as hard to handle
Gastroparesis
Nasty beast
… happen often after you eat? Especially fatty foods like cheese n beef?

1 Like

Or the flu lol… let’s hope

1 Like