I hope everyone is okay in the areas affected by Ian

I just want to give many hugs and well wishes to anyone affected by Hurricane Ian. I think we have some people from Florida and probably some of the other areas affected.

I hope you are all okay.

10 Likes

I am not impacted directly, but my Tandem pump supplies have been stuck in Florida on a UPS truck for 3 days.

3 Likes

@MM2 You might try to check more on that. Where we are at, when something keeps saying in transit at the same spot, it’s usually lost.

1 Like

Now status shows its in Nashville!!

2 Likes

@MM2 sounds like your shipment either went back to the hub or is an official claim.

Nope, its even closer now, with expected delivery thursday.

1 Like

@MM2 Not lost then!!! The next question will be what condition is it in?

It is interesting here. People have chosen ground shipping to ship to us…impossible of course as we are an island. So it will say due to be delivered in about 5 days. But at the 5 days it is delivered to a port and then loaded onto a slow boat, and then it will say in transit for about another 30 days. A company even told my girlfriend that ground was the best option to ship a box of their nuts in 5-8 days.I heard that and I go, nope that means 30 days. Yep 35 days. Another large store that does special orders will say delivered after 5 days, but it’s delivered to the shipper they use to ship here. And then it takes 30 days more to actually get here. Priority, add on 1-3 days to the 3-4 day shipping time, but at least that’s air…and sometimes it surprises you and it’s 3 days. And then a surprise, after telling a baker to always ship priority here and they were doing so, all of a sudden they shipped ground and I went ut oh…and it got to me within 4 days. I have not a clue as to why.

2 Likes

@Marie, if you are ever in a jam for getting stuff, I can ship you pods or Dex supplies as quick as possible.

But since I am in the east side of the U.S., if there is someone on the west coast that uses pods, they can be a proxy. They could ship it to you faster than I could. And I could ship to the west coast proxy person to reimburse their supplies.

Let’s just identify a west coast person that would be willing to do that. @John58 uses the new pods. @elver and @Chris are both in the Tandem camp.

Anyone else on the west coast that uses old-school pods?

4 Likes

And @MM2, I can get you Dex stuff quickly if you need that. But I don’t have any Tandem stuff. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Happy to help any West Coasters w/ Tandem stuff

4 Likes

I will be glad to ship any emergency supplies needed! All anybody has to do is ask, send a PM. I am using Omnipod 5 and did not save any old pods or Dash pods.

3 Likes

Now status shows will deliver today, 1 day early!!! It is in my city.
Update:
Package arrived, perfect condition.

7 Likes

Perfect @MM2 Good to hear!

Thanks @Eric! But I have a nice supply and I am also able to emergency supply anyone else. I use original Omnipods and Dexcom G6.

I say emergency supply anyone…knowing that shipping from the islands does take longer. Anyone on the islands here it would be faster. Shipping to the mainland is just going to be slower. West coast won’t be as bad as the east coast obviously…

4 Likes