Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

I have a problem with a reoccurring foot foot ulcer caused by pressure from working on my feet and surfing. When I return to the states my doc wants me to do HBO therapy combined with and amniotic graft to heal the wound up again( this will be the third time we have healed it).

I am considered an anomaly because these issues are normally for patients who inactive and do not regulate their BG levels as well as I do.

Does anyone have experience with HBO therapy? What can I expect? How hard is it to lie in the chamber for two hours a day? Any tips, suggestions?

1 Like

I had HBO 5 days a week for about 7 weeks. You are in fact in a chamber for 2 hours each time. My Hospital wouldn’t allow me in the chamber unless my blood sugar was at least 120. If you use a transmitter and a CGM they will make you take the transmitter off your body. The chamber is totally clear so you can watch television and control the volume for 2 hours. It didn’t work for me but it is definitely worth a try. My foot still developed gangrene and they had to amputate my leg below the knee. MSG me if you have any other questions.

1 Like