History Archiving Idea - Coronavirus

For anyone who wants to keep some history for posterity, you might consider buying newspapers when you happen to be in stores throughout this Coronavirus pandemic. I think that would be a neat heirloom to keep for kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc. My husband and I have kept newspapers from a few major world events for this purpose.

This next idea is one that I saw online and am starting today. I’m starting a family journal with my kids for us to write down anything we’re observing or feeling throughout this event. I think that would be a really neat item for my boys to look back on when they’re grown. No matter how this virus touches us individually or not, the world will be different afterward.

6 Likes

I love journalling. I’ve kept a journal for most of my life, sometimes writing in it daily during challenging times and sometimes only writing five times a year. It’s a great resource to look back on. Not only for major world events, but also just for personal reflection to see how I’ve changed (or not) over the years.

During these times, I’m writing in it almost daily. I’ve always found writing pretty therapeutic in working through feelings and emotions.

4 Likes