Hello, I am back

Hello all, I have been inactive for awhile, ( hoping to change that) hope everyone is doing well. I have been fighting both medically and mentally, have really let. My diabetes care fall to the wayside, haven’t even seen my endo in 6 months. Hardly ever wear my. Pump. Medicare stopped supplying my libre and doesn’t supply enough strips to do anything (4) a day. My endo is is very good but I feel they forget all about you when you walkout, they never follow up on on anything like getting me the supplies they say I need.
Any way this was supposed to be a hello to all, hope everyone is still on here and looking forward to interacting with those I haven’t meet yet.

12 Likes

Glad to “see” you again! Please know we’re here for you!

4 Likes

Hope you find some renewed motivation:) This battle is 90% mental in my humble opinion.

7 Likes

Great to see you back. Sorry to hear about your insurance battles. Those take a lot of energy.

2 Likes

That’s a big problem in the US at present; we don’t have endos, or at least they prefer golf to patients. My endo jumped ship (left the US) in the middle of 2021. After discussion (he was a good endo; his employer wanted to send me out-of-company to a local PA) he referred me to an endo 50 miles away (2nd choice, his preference, was 100miles). Said endo did nothing for a lot more than 6 months then said FOAD; so I went back to the PA, who accepted me (but rejected my wife) and I can’t see her until August.

No doubt the semi-distant endo is trying to deal with the vast influx of patients as a result of the ACA. In the US people who were poor couldn’t get health care. The ACA changed all that, so there are lots of poor people who can now get health care for the first time and they want it. As a rich guy I have to stand in line with them, that is good.

2 Likes