Gvoke 0 co-pay coupon program

7 Likes

Nice Coupon, good find. Thank you for putting this out there.

4 Likes

I got some a few weeks ago.
:+1:

This is important stuff for future development of pumps.

There should be some excitement about the release of this, because unlike the nasal spray stuff, this can work in a bi-hormonal pump.

4 Likes

Maybe the aggressive bolus club can check it out.

3 Likes

Another thing that is exciting about this is that shelf life of Gvoke is much better than the traditional glucagon that requires mixing.

As in, if I wanted, I could use just a bit of Gvoke if I’m plummeting and want to avoid a scary low, and ideally since it came premixed, the rest of the Gvoke that I haven’t used should be ok to use a month from now. Whereas the traditional glucagon kits that I would need to mix myself, if I only use a bit of it, the rest of my mixed solution will only last a couple days.

EDIT: BTW, I’ve gone through the steps for Amazon’s pillpack filling this and am just waiting on my doctor to send the script. Exciting though if it works!

5 Likes

I just printed my Copay Card out and will ask my Dr to write me a prescription!

4 Likes

Picked up my GVoke yesterday at the pharmacy. They initially wanted to charge me $75! Then they had trouble getting the GVoke bin#, etc., accepted. Eventually, it went through and I paid $0 for it.

Thanks for bring this coupon program to our attention @CatLady!!

5 Likes

I had a scary low yesterday and contemplated on using the GVoke but I was unsure how much to use of it. The needle is much bigger than my 31 gauge BD syringes, too, so I decided to just drink tons of grapefruit juice (3 glasses), banana and glucose tabs. That ended up working and miraculously I didn’t go too high either, but it was probably the worst day I’ve had in a very long time, BG wise.

An unusual high coincided with a sensor change. I was sleeping during the warmup period. Dexcom registered BG of 300 at 3am and displayed a notification to calibrate which I did, finger stick of 260. I’m never that high even when I eat as I try to keep very tight control. For some reason, I just kept taking more insulin via the pod, not even considering it could be due to a bad pod! I eventually injected 12U (3 + 4 + 5U) before considering it could be the pod! At that point, I started to shoot down and started to worry that I took way too much insulin by syringe! I checked out the gvoke but had no idea how much to take! Anyway, I’m just lucky it turned out okay. I need to remember @Eric’s , “When in doubt, change it out!!!”

5 Likes

Oh sh#t, that is scary!! :flushed::flushed: I am so glad you are okay! :pray::tulip:

3 Likes

Glad it turned out ok.

1 Like

I think the syringe is kinda hard to get a good dosing amount, since it is only about 20 units of a normal syringe, right? Like equivalent to 0.2 ml.

It comes in two different sizes. Did you get the 1 mg per 0.2 ml syringe?

If you have the 1 mg per 0.2 ml gvoke syringe, you could probably take only 1/4 of it, and see an effect!

If you are low enough, you won’t feel a thing! Really!

If I am low enough, I don’t feel much.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I have. Well, when I opened it up, I wasn’t yet low. I was still in the 200s but dropping fast (with 12U injected!), so I thought that might be the perfect time to try out the gvoke! The size of the syringe sort of scared me though and I had no idea how much to use!

I believe you! I have plenty of lows (just not from 12U!) so I will surely be able to use it. I already opened the one syringe up so next bad low, I’ll try out 1/4 of it.:slight_smile:

3 Likes