Microdosing Gvoke rocks!

I went rapidly low about 2 a.m., waking up at 76 on my CGM with that “thumpy” heartbeat feeling. I shoved in glucose tabs until I just couldn’t because I rapidly became nauseous. My blood sugar continued to drop (CGM 52 but fingerstick 37) and I was spacey and drenched in sweat. So my husband grabbed the Gvoke pre-filled syringe and eyeballed a microdose (about 1/4th of the total) and in 10 minutes I started to feel much better and in 20 minutes my blood sugar was 69! In an hour my blood sugar topped out in the 190s (all those glucose tabs) but I was so exhausted I just went to sleep. Used Afrezza this morning to correct and am feeling much better but really am wondering what the heck happened! :flushed: :flushed:

10 Likes

Awesome stuff you are doing! :+1:

3 Likes

Any chance you had alcohol ?.

2 Likes

Holy cow! That sounds super unsettling (understatement)! I’m glad you tested and I’m glad your husband came to your aid! I hope you can move through this without taking on baggage of fear…but I’d totally understand if it sticks with you for a while. I hope you’re proud of yourself for taking care of business, bc that’s what I see! A sucky thing happened, but you were ahead of it!! :heart::muscle::heart::muscle::heart:

4 Likes

Just two 4 ounce glasses of sparkling wine, one before dinner and one after. And overall my activity level was not as much as on other holidays. Also decreased my dinner bolus a bit due to the wine on board. I duuno…

4 Likes

Thank you, I am having a hard time writing a reply but want you to know how much I appreciate your support and encouragement. Nameste! :heart: :pray: :rainbow:

2 Likes

Follow-up question for those who have used glucagon: Did you experience atypical insulin resistance for any length of time following its use? I was really insulin resistant all day Sunday, both before and after a scheduled pod change. Today, however, I have needed extra carbs after breakfast. Thoughts?

1 Like

Is there going to be a more stable glucagon? Or something that could be placed into a pump so that low BGs could be handled via looping?

I think GVoke is shelf-stable for a year. They haven’t yet approved it for pumps but I think that’s a followup step.

1 Like

But there’s also one called Zegalogue (dasiglucagon) made by Zealand pharmaceuticals that will eventually be approved for just this purpose. I think first is the “emergency glucagon” and only after that will they approve it for looping

1 Like

Fantastic, I feel like this is the missing link,

I’d love to have a gentle version though because I feel like the ability to go from 50 to 100 is much better than 50 to 200.

2 Likes