Goals We Have For Ourselves

This is not specifically a thread about D:

i believe that in our lives, we set certain goals for ourselves and that this a very healthy way to maintain a positive attitude about ourselves and our lives.

as many of you know, most of my posts are related to my swimming. but there are plenty of other goals i set for myself on a daily basis. some of these include dealing with an almost senial mother-in-law, some are dealing with my husband (although he is my best friend). i have two sisters who are obese who have no desire to do much more than eat (and i get concerned that they will become D at some point)…my goal is to stay out of their business, and to mind my own.

i just thought that this would be a positive, encouraging post about some of the things we do for ourselves to improve our lives and ourselves. isnt that what this forum is all about???
so, i will start:

1. i want to learn how to do a flip turn at the end of the lane in the swimming pool
  2. i want to learn how to do the dolphin kick
  3. i want to do a better freestyle stroke.

what are some of your goals?

7 Likes

Run faster at every distance and own the Masters class of runners.

3 Likes

Go back to school.

7 Likes

what do you want to learn about and what would you study? and would you go for credits, or just for your own education? or both?

3 Likes

Ditto

2 Likes

I have a few professional goals. I want to finish the SOA FAP modules by October, take and pass the last exam in December, and have my ASA credential within 1 year. Ideally, I’d finish the economic and finance VEEs by October as well, but I’m not sure if that’s practical.

The modules, exam, and those VEEs are the last things I need to do before I get my ASA credential. Whether I choose to leave my current job or stay, I need to get this certification.

Short term goal: finish module 2 exercise by the end of next weekend

Thanks for posting this DM :slight_smile:. Sometimes it’s good to write down our goals. Helps motivate!

4 Likes

I hope to get some remodeling projects started (and some completed) this year, and take a few trips to visit family I haven’t seen in a while.

3 Likes

I have so many goals. The problem for me is narrowing it down to one or two…

2 Likes

I would like to start my younger son on a closed loop system with ample time for college, help my older boy figure out what path to take in life, and find the time to finish translating Medea into English in a way that will make a modern reader feel like the original ones did.

4 Likes

My outrageous goal, is to take a 6 month leave of absence and walk the Pacific Crest Trail. My more mundane goal is to get my two kids successfully through college.

4 Likes

My outrageous goal is to retire on my 40th birthday.

2 Likes

how old are you now?

that is not mundane at all. that is a major project :sunny:

3 Likes

36…

2 Likes

so essentially you are just a babe in the woods; i’ll be turning 54 shortly. (but i retired about 25 yrs ago when i got married :wink: :wink: .)

2 Likes

When you got married, you got to retire. When my wife got married, that’s when her work really began…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

My wife is going to have to start making a lot more money for my goal to be realized… I am actively campaigning for equal work = equal pay now currently…

3 Likes

hahahaha; god knows, you are complicated :wink:

3 Likes

you go, Girl! :rofl:

2 Likes

Just tell your wife that she needs to work until she has made as much money as you in her career, then she can retire.

Oh yeah, don’t forget to post the video, we want to see that one.

1 Like