Goals We Have For Ourselves

That is what I tell her. Fair is fair. But she loves her job and wants to do it until old age so it should work out fine.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! I was supposed to hike the Colorado Trail last summer but then I got diagnosed 6 weeks before my departure date so thatā€™s postponedā€¦ I still did a couple short trips. I might have time to try again this summer but my schedule is fairly booked and so I need to train to hike a marathon a day to fit it in.

2 Likes

Yeah, love hiking in Colorado, but the altitude kicks my ass. Really beautiful part of the country though.

2 Likes

I just want to clean my garageā€¦anyone have an house elf to spare?

2 Likes

I have similar goalsā€¦organizing my house and clearing out anything and everything I donā€™t love or use. That and developing strategies to better handle my anxiety/stress levels.

3 Likes

@elver, I found a way!!!

I have the same problem w my basement. I am just having the floors upstairs refinished, and all of us are confined to downstairs for a week. Nothing to do at home but organize the basementā€”QED :slight_smile:

2 Likes

soā€¦if I invite you and your family to stay in my garageā€¦???

2 Likes

Oh, you want me to refinish your floors?

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Michel that could happen tooā€¦I wouldnā€™t complain :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks for the idea @elver! Having read this thread, my goals are now to have @Michel come refinish my floors, dig me a basement and wine cellar, repair my house foundation while heā€™s down, and then organize my house. We donā€™t have a guestroom, but you can sleep on the floor. BTW, do you do roofs?

Honestly though, my goals for this year were:

• to cook and eat at home more
  • do exercise I like regularly (dancing, rock climbing, yoga)
  • organize the house and garage
  • decide on what (sadly needed due to failing foundation) home renovations and repairs should look like

(I say were because my 2018 is off to an unexpected start, including months of caring for my mom, and trying to get her to move down here. So goalsā€¦deferred.)

Writing them down is a good first step! Thanks for asking DM. Iā€™ve got this huge list I want to accomplish but the years keep getting away from me. And I try to remind myself that time spent with friends and family is more valuable than an organized garage or perfectly tidy house ever would be. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

when i started this thread i never thought it would amount to much. but it seems that everyone is having a good, light-hearted time with it.

keep it going!!!

2 Likes

@TravelingOn seems like your primary goal for 2018 is your Mom. The balance are goals that show little or no improvement daily, but with small steps geared towards the final result will surprise you in the long term. Then again you could just have @Michel visit. It seems like he has plenty of experience in the housing repair arena ā€¦ lol

3 Likes
  1. Complete my real estate training and hopefully become licensed before years end (I used to be a real estate salesperson back in the 80ā€™s, but only for a short time. Iā€™ve recently become interested in picking it back up and using that as a part-time supplement to our family income.)
  2. Help to make @ErinElizabethā€™s small business a success (Bookkeeping business). As a stay-at-home mom, sheā€™d still like to be able to work if possible and put that MBA / BS in Accounting to work.
  3. Continue to learn and experiment so that I can become less chained to diabetes
  4. Watch my beautiful babies grow and spend lots of time with them camping and fishing (making memories)
3 Likes

I would love to do that some day. We also had plans to raft down the Colorado River, and submitted to the lottery every year for 8 years. Unfortunately, we won the year my wife was pregnant, so our friends did it without us ;( Still on the bucket list, though :slight_smile:

2 Likes