Glucagon Noob—but up for a good experiment

:joy::joy::joy:

Good luck with your project tomorrow, Junkie!! :muscle:

1 Like

How?? When I read your quick summary, it all made perfect sense, but then when I started actually trying to envision this—it stopped making sense.

Could something like this be a part of the process, or am I overthinking it??

1 Like

Says the woman who IV’s insulin. I think you made us nervous a long time ago, Nicky! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I don’t know that it’s okay I feel this way, but that somehow makes me feel proud, @Beacher. :hugs:

2 Likes

Try it out! See if it works! Whatever makes it a powder that you can divide.

You are not going to get exactly even portions. But I think you can get a reasonably close-enough division.

Or alternatively, how about seeing if you can get a script for the shelf-stable liquid version and trying that?

Ask you endo about Xeris pharmaceutical’s new GVOKE. Be the first kid on the FUD block to have it!

But if you get it, make sure you ask for the pre-filled syringe, not the pen!

That would make it much easier. :wink:

1 Like

Started filling stuff out online. :hugs:

My brand new endo is going to think I’m nuts.

2 Likes

And about this—I’m not worried about the portions. “Close enough” is good enough, but… how am I getting the crushed stuff into the syringe?? And then where do I go from there??? I have powder in my syringe… and then I’d pull the solution into the syringe?? I’m nowhere near this step yet, but I’m trying to get a bigger picture…

Trying to get even a little picture… :thinking:

I wish Gvoke didn’t cost $280 USD. I’d like to try it, and I’d even be willing to pay out-of-pocket and go down to the US to get it if it were the same price as glucagon kits here. But $280 USD is like $360 CAD, which is a lot more expensive than $100 CAD of our kits.

A few pieces of paper? With a crease folded into them. Pour from one along the crease into the syringe. Whatever misses lands on the paper below. Keep pouring, and catching what you miss with the other paper below.

As long as you don’t lose the powder on the floor, you can keep doing it until eventually it is all in the syringe.

The first time might not work so well, but each time will get better. And you will streamline the process and make it all work.

Yes. See my steps above. But do not inject back into the vial with the solution!!

No comment.
:wink:

1 Like

I haven’t even checked on insurance co-pays or anything like that. I’ll get around to pricing it all out eventually.

1 Like

It does?? :grimacing: Maybe I won’t be trying it either…

I submitted a request today to see if they’ll contact my endo for a prescription. Hopefully I’ll clear hoop one.

1 Like

See what your copay is. I don’t think Jen is talking about insurance cost, but rather is talking about a straight-out buy.

1 Like

I probably could’ve figured that out on my own, but thank you for breaking it down like that. Now I’ll do it better. Righter.

And thank you for that. That’s what I thought. :nerd_face:

Funny guy. :smiley:

1 Like

I probably could’ve figured that out on my own, too. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This might be what it looks like. Just a photo of the family business. No questions, please.

3 Likes

Here is another one.

3 Likes

I find that all of that fancy safety equipment gets in the way. Too much overhead cuts into mama’s margins.

1 Like

They’ve got hoods and everything. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Just got off the phone with PillPack—and think I might have two Gvoke pre-filled syringes on the way. And at zero copay.

I know not to celebrate just yet, but it all sounds pretty awesome so far…

2 Likes

Do NOT use glucagon during the few days before your race. You want to be storing up glycogen then, not using it.

If you are low in the days preceding your race, EAT instead!!!

3 Likes