Getting started with G6 & xdrip

Welcome to FUD! I think with all of the parents around here you’ll get some great ideas.

XDrip+ has really become pretty easy.
First, you need an Android phone, the newer the better. Then set up xDrip+ and get your readings going.

Then you need the Sony Smartwatch 3 (only one to work out of the box). You can still get one with pink band on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Pair it with your phone and set it up. It takes a couple of hours for xDrip+ to actually load onto the phone so be patient. Select one of the xDrip watchfaces.

Back at the phone, go into xDrip+ settings>smart watches features>android wear integration. Turn on Android wear integration, check force wear, enable wear, sync wear logs, show treatments, and if you’re only going to use the watch as the receiver and never the phone, check that.

Now wait a few minutes and the watch will display the Bg and become the collector. You won’t have to keep the phone in proximity of the transmitter or watch, but let them sync about once per day. Also realize that you will not have the share function unless the phone is getting data from the watch. Better for the young lady to always wear the watch and carry the phone at all times.

If the SSW3 is not cool enough for her, with some extra effort other watches can be made into collectors. Have a look at:

for other watches that can be made to work.

Also, a good reference for watch integration is:

If you have any problems I’ll be glad to help you. Just be patient with the watch integration. It will be spotty the first 24 hours, but then it will not miss a beat. I’ve had the watch working as the collector for about a year and it’s been a godsend. Good Luck!

4 Likes