Funny hospital story

I had forgotten all about this because it was so long ago, but my wife was on the phone tonight telling someone this story, laughing so hard, and it reminded me of what happened! I thought it would be funny to share it.

Many years ago (a looooong time ago!), I ended up at the hospital because of a very bad low. It was early in our marriage, and Leslie was still kind of getting all the D stuff figured out.

I was in pretty bad shape during the low, but it ended quickly. By the time I actually arrived at the hospital I was awake again.

I was ready to get out of the hospital, but it was taking forever! We had been waiting for a long time. We were just sitting in the hospital room waiting…

Finally we asked the nurse when I could check out. The nurse said that as soon as they could get someone in the room to take out the IV, they would discharge me.

So I reached over, pulled the IV out of my arm, and said, “It’s out!”, and got out of the bed.

Leslie was laughing so hard tonight when she was telling the story. :grinning:

15 Likes

Count of hands…who’s surprised?

[crickets]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

It would have been even better if you had inserted it yourself, and announced to them that you were checking in upon arrival.

9 Likes

I have offered to place the needle on blood draws, after they missed on their first attempt.

4 Likes

LOL - I could see me probably doing this myself. And I really have to watch my mother when she’s in the hospital because she’ll get fed up with them and check herself out. She’s a heart patient. I don’t know many people who like hospitals, but Mom truly will be on the verge of death’s door before she will submit to going to the hospital…and I have to go with her and sit with her in the ER to make sure that she does what she’s told to do. Dad is not like that at all. But then Mom’s Dad (Papaw) was very stubborn and did the same thing. The night he died (he had congestive heart failure - same as Mom), he took all his jewelry off (he used to wear several gold pieces) and he told Memaw it was time to go to the hospital. He didn’t make it more than 48 hours later. I was with Mom when she got the call. I didn’t know who had called at that point - but I knew he was gone before she could even tell me.

3 Likes