Freestyle Libre Sensor Failures

Hi Chris -

Thanks for reaching out. I am only aware of my own experience, as reported, and the various things that I’ve read on the internet - everywhere from Reddit to a UK diabetes site - that are reporting repeated failures in the 40-50% range on the Libre2. Maybe that’s why the Libre3 is coming down the pike, hopefully soon….!

Best,

Neil

1 Like

Similar story here as well I’m afraid. Been using Libra 2 for around 18mths now and I’ve probably had above 10 that have failed, some after as little as less than 1hr.
Had to ring for replacements twice this week already. Only problem for me is I only get 2 prescribed per month, and in many occasions this has left me without a sensor until Libra deliver the replacements which is normally 7 days.
Every time the Libra guy asks “Is there anything else I can help you with?”
I reply, …“YES, get the new Libra 3 out to us now rather than waiting for…?!”

2 Likes

Welcome @Peely999 hope you enjoy the conversation here at FUD. There’s lot’s of info in the archives both good and bad about the Libre2 if you care to look.

Thankyou :+1:

FWIW - I’m happy to report that, so far, after 2+ months, Libre3 has been much more reliable for me than Libre2. They still can get a little wonky on day 11 or 12 (supposed to last 14) so still have to keep the finger prick kit handy, and they are a bit more expensive on my insurance plan, but I’ve yet to have one doa (Libre2 was doa for me about 30% of the time), and the readings are MUCH closer to what I get with a finger prick (for me, even working Libre2 were sometimes off by as much as 30 points). Plus, I like the substantially smaller size (down to the size of a dime - I don’t even know it’s there), and the fact that I don’t have to scan it for a reading.

YMMV, etc.

:vulcan_salute:t3:

5 Likes