Flying in July. No carry-on allowed

I’m wondering if they’ll challange you if you say you need to carry your medical supplies. Will they check your bag? Not likely but I think I’ll ask my doc for a letter saying I need to be hooked up like the Bionic Woman as I go through security and that I need easy access to supplies while in the air. I have one that is 10 years old from my old Endo…that might not fly (get it!?)

3 Likes

You need 1 sensor and 3 Pods for 10 days AND at least 1 extra of each in case of any number of events. (Just lived that.) Thats like a pair of shoes!!

I have that letter. The pods and the G6 applicators are in pile two because I once left my backpack (not carry on, hand baggage) on the terminal transit at Heathrow. You would not believe the grief my wife gave me about that. Fortunately she has Godzilla’s handbag and it has backup pens in it and, anyway, the transit guys returned it to the hotel (we were inbound) next time round.

2 Likes

You’ve probably already headed to the amusement park but pre-COVID we went to the amusement park all the time and I would wear a fanny pack with my important items. Some rides they will let you wear it. I always wear a sports bra when we go so if I can’t wear the fanny pack on the ride, I put glucose in the bra on each side (under both arms). I look a little bulky but I don’t care. I’ve never had a problem on a ride however I’ve read the stories of rides where people were stuck on them so I always want to be prepared. My only (potential) problem on rides is the fact that some rides have you strapped in so well that it would be hard to get to my glucose if I needed it. Thankfully I never had. And when we would go to the waterpark I would get a locker for my stuff. It would be a slight pain as I would have to go back and forth to connect to my pump for a while before I would disconnect and go back to having fun. And with the waterparks I would still wear a sports bra under a t-shirt to go on the rides. That way I could still keep glucose in my bra in case my sugar got low when I was waiting in those god-awful long lines. My only beef with the water parks is that they won’t let you wear shoes. So, depending on the ride I will wear flip flops and either hold on to them, stuff them down my shorts or if they wouldn’t let me do either of those then I would throw them over the side right before I got on the tube, etc. That works pretty good as long as you don’t hit someone in the head. And I work it out with my husband to go get them for me and meet me at the end of the slide.

3 Likes