Flex Spending Accounts?

Thanks, that is interesting info on the cobra. Company has downsized every year the last 10 or so years, and i’m still there hoping to make it closer to retirement.

That can be hard to know though of course when the expenses are unknown… there’s no way to predict a costly hospitalization, surgery, etc in many cases and the only thing we can predict with any accuracy is our ongoing and routine health expenses…

So my definition of “total cost out of pocket” isn’t the actual total out of cost that you would pay assuming you paid 100% required by you before insurance kicks in and pays 100%. My definition of it was Premiums + deductible = Total Out of Pocket because, even though we’ve had some years with a lot of medical issues, we’ve never reached that magical amount the insurance pays 100% for everything.

So for Erin, she compares all plans and finds which is going to be the cheapest OVERALL, when looking at the premiums + deductibles for the year. Since all our plans are exactly the same except the amount in premiums or deductibles that are due, she finds which will be the cheapest total cost for us after combining those two, for each plan.

Ah I see, yeah that would be effective to compare a lot of plans… I really hope I never reach my plans max OOP