Fasting before Surgery: What have you been told?

I’m so glad you’re feeling more like dancing. Totally not TMI. I was wondering what you’d been up to and glad to know I’m not the only one with adhesions (never dealt with them)! Sorry you had to go through that, but here’s to hoping this is the last time. :crossed_fingers: And good for you for getting a second opinion!! I also went immediately to surgical tools. And laughed a little. At your expense!

1 Like

Glad to see you’re back to your perky self and you have no new parts after the surgery!

1 Like

Good luck tomorrow, @Pianoplayer7008! Sorry so late getting back! 10 minutes is very doable. And from what I have heard, you can take glucose tablets in case of a low (but nothing red, I don’t think, if you’re doing an EGD?)

I’ll stop giving you confusing stuff. Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you, @TravelingOn. :blush: It was TMI, but… you know. Why not? And I had to get them dealt with. They were thick and problematic, and they have been for years. And now, thanks to my surgeon’s description, I believe they’re all curled up at the bottom of my… stomach? Can’t quite shake that image. And in the spirit of TMI, I’ve shared it with you. Kind of like shavings… in case you were trying to picture it. But without surgical tools, gag gifts, or skittles. Or so he says.

1 Like

Oh, @Millz, I really do hope I’m not usually perky?? If so, I am very sorry. :grimacing: I am feeling better. Thank you!

Thanks! I have seen a couple posts on a diabetic group where they were able to eat glucose tabs. Hoping it won’t be necessary…especially since I realized just now I actually don’t have anymore glucose tabs. I’ve been using smarties lately. Same difference, really…

1 Like

Ah, but that was meant to be a compliment (really). Instead I can say glad to see your wry, witty side shine! :sunflower:

1 Like

That feels right. :smiling_face: Thank you for all of the compliments. :fallen_leaf::maple_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::maple_leaf:

2 Likes

For the current status read this:

Roughly translated; “who knows?”. With regard to the medics, anything goes for 6 hours before surgery (expect, I note, for alcohol, stick to all the the other shyte). Realistically, they don’t actually seem to know anything (read the article!)