Experience with Byram Healthcare or Edgepark Medical Supplies?

My new insurance company won’t let me buy my Tandem infusion sets directly from Tandem; I have to buy from one of two resellers: Byram Healthcare and Edgepark Medical Supplies.

Does anyone here have any positive or negative feedback about either one to help me choose? The Yelp reviews for both of them are horrible. I’m not sure if that’s because both companies are truly horrible or if it’s just that nobody reviews health equipment distributors unless something goes poorly.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

@ned, I too have to use a 3rd party supplier for my Tandem supplies. Currently I am using Byram and the experience has been Meh at best. My initial order was delayed until I started asking lots of questions. The Byram rep is a ghost, and the only way I was able to speak with a human was by calling the main customer service number. Even then I got the run around, so I had my insurance company conference call to Byram to see what the hold up was. The conversation was priceless! Like asking for explanations from a small child who was just caught stealing something. My supplies were shipped that day. I also find that you have to force them to follow through and check inventory on your requested supplies while you are still on the phone otherwise an ordered infusion set in gray will be out of stock while still available in blue and pink and they will not make a substitution.

2 Likes

i never had an experience with byram but edigepark sucks. they screwed me over. i went to ok my order and they didnt bother to tell me that my insurance was terminated so i ended up getting a bill for it. if i known that my insurance was terminated i wouldnt of approved the order. so they keep harrassing me about it. i told them that its their fault as your suppose to let your customer know about this stuff. im still not going to pay them. plus their customer service was bad. every time i needed to talk to someone i would get transferred to someone that would know the answer better than the person i started speaking with. they did have a delay in delivery as well.

1 Like

We have some experience with both. Byram ships our Dexcom supplies, and Edgepark ships our Omnipod supplies. So far we are reasonably pleased with both, and my wife had a very good experience with Customer support from Edgepark:

@Ned We have been using Edgepark for 2 years for my son’s Dexcom supplies. We have had no problems with them. They have shipped everything on time and they have been polite and helpful on the phone. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’m required to use Byram. I’ve had no problem with them (other than being generally annoyed that insurance has all these rules and hurdles). It probably depends on the individual rep for both companies.

1 Like

We used to use Liberty and they went out of business I guess? They used to be our provider for the Dexcom supplies. We were switched to Edgepark over the summer. The only thing we’ve noticed is that they have zero flexibility with payment arrangements so if you need more supplies like transmitters at the beginning of the year and your HSA doesn’t have the required money in it to cover the $550, you’ll have to pay out of pocket for them.

They offer zero payments or flexibility.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I chose Edgepark and my first order went very well.

1 Like

Well, yes, few will bother unless there is an issue, right? However, as for Edgepark, I can state from personal experience that there is little to praise about them. Check the BBB complaints list and comments for Edgepark. Check Google reviews. There must be hundreds of complaints regarding billing, service and delivery over the last couple of years. Don’t know about Byram but you could check BBB regarding them also. Good luck.

1 Like

In our experience with both, they are equally likely to get things right or to completely blow it. It feels like a 50/50 tossup on whether things will go smoothly or not. I don’t think one has an edge over the other. I sure wish there was some incentive for companies like these to improve.

2 Likes