Encouraging others to take charge of their T1D/Helping my brother try a CGM

How did his first sensor session go, @glitzabetes? I think what you did is awesome, and I really hope he will keep on going!

I have no idea, to be quite honest. I set him up a few days before I had to head back to school, although I did hear from him after the first few days. He was trying to adjust to sleeping with something stuck to him (reasonable, I had trouble with that too) and generally was finding the information very interesting. He’s very tech-y so he said he liked playing around with xDrip+ to see how everything worked. I’m not sure if he’ll want to jump through the hoops to get his own sensor prescription though, I think he doesn’t even have a proper endo right now (he’s seeing a NP who he doesn’t really like, according to my mom). He’s also been assured by my parents that they would help him pay for CGM supplies (Libre or Dexcom) if he had trouble with costs, but I’m not sure if he’s too prideful for that.

I should probably check back in with him. Like I said we’re not terribly close, so we don’t usually talk when not both at my parents house. But he did give me a video game he really enjoyed just before I left so that would be the perfect excuse to send him a text :grin:

6 Likes