Eggnog... to treat lows

Still working through the eggnog before it is no longer available in the stores!

i’m not a big fan of eggnog, but my husband is crazy about it. but he drinks it slowly so we have it in the fridge for about a month. :wink:

and PS: why dont you just hoard the eggnog? buy out the stores supply…

1 Like

I do that with the liquor variety that doesn’t need to be refrigerated. And for the milk variety, I always buy a few extras and put it in the freezer and open it up in June and July. :grinning:

But for the milk type I can’t keep drinking it all year long. I would if they made it year-round.

3 Likes

i didnt know that there were varieties of eggnog. have you ever had espresso with fire water? kind of like an italian version of a hot toddy?

also, i would have figured you as one who made your own eggnog from scratch. (that way you could always have it year 'round.)

2 Likes

I was very poor as a student (I was a student for many years…), so I would make eggnog every year from scratch. My recipe is very similar to this one, except I only used rum (the bourbon and cognac were out of my reach):

When I make it these days it is very popular: I always get asked to make more next year! I occasionally make some at random times during the year. I don’t think I have ever bought any ready-made eggnog.

4 Likes

I used to make it from scratch every Christmas Eve with all the good stuff - raw eggs and cream (and some type of liquor in it - which one didn’t seem to matter too much).

But that was many years ago when the days had more hours in them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

do you enjoy espresso with sambucco instead of hot toddies? (b/c of your italian blood :wink:) it is the perfect time of year for that drink as well.

do you carry a flask ?

3 Likes

I’m all for hoarding. I have 6 containers of peppermint ice cream in my freezer!

4 Likes

omg, @CarolynA, you are so READY!

but do you put pepperment schnapps over the ice cream, or blend it together for a thick shake?

3 Likes

Probably the most important question of the evening!

1 Like

drinking and getting drunk?

1 Like

I never do :slight_smile: But I am quite content sipping from my wife’s glass. As anyone who was raised in a big family knows, it tastes so much better if it is someone else’s!

2 Likes

hey, did you turn on your tv yet and watch the news coverage about the Times Square New Years crowd waiting for the ball to drop? people are actually wearing diapers b/c you are not allowed out of your section to go sneak away to P.

but i’ll bet a lot of those people are carrying flasks (maybe filled with eggnog :wink: )

1 Like

grass is always greener :wink:

1 Like

I’m still watching football. New Year’s Eve will have to wait a bit.

1 Like

been watching football since i woke up this morning. the only high light of the GIants losing team this year is that they’ll have first pickings for next years team. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Sure I could do that. I don’t have any peppermint schnapps right now but that would be tasty. Going out in a couple hours to 2 nye parties and then got a running race tomorrow am (I’ll be running slow).

4 Likes

best of luck with your race. burn off all that peppermint ice cream :wink:

2 Likes

Love casual days like today - football during the day, now Hockey and a roaring fire to boot!

3 Likes