Does TicWatch E2 work as standalone watch?

Hi , I’m looking for standalone watch that is compatible with xdrip+ and android (no need for mobile to be nearby)

I heard about TicWatch watches but I’m not sure if they are work as standalone and if they, what version (C2 , C2+ , E2 , PRO )?

thanks in advance

1 Like

AFAIK, TicWatch is not supported as standalone. See the following link for supported watches:

2 Likes

That is a very old list that has not been updated in over a year, most ticwatches will collect on its own, but still need a phone for set up. The c2+ or pro with 1gb of ram is safer and I’d recommend those…keep in mind the LCD essential mode does not work with xdrip, so its rather useless for us, but the battery will last 24 hours as long as you are not receiving notifications all day long…many predicted lows, highs, texts, etc will vastly drain the battery to maybe 12 hours, which is understandable to me, but maybe a spare charger…and Dexcom only…esp In the us…the libre/miaomiao2 uses the phone for an algorithm, so stand alone only works on Dexcom for niw

1 Like

do you mean that Ticwatch only work as standalone with dexcom ?

by the way I use miaomiao 1 and I’m not using libre us version

1 Like

The standalone ticwatch option works a lot better with the Dexcom, however, when I tried to use it as a stand alone collector with the miaomiao1 and us 10 day sensors, the ticwatch e barely worked. The e only had 512mb of memory which is why I recommended the newer ticwatches with 1gb of ram, at any rate, I also had a Sony sw3 that a lot of Dexcom users have success as stand alone collectors, however, with the us 10 day libre and miaomiao1, I was unsuccessful. In the us, the phone is necessary for the oop algorithm, but the newer ticwatches with 1gb of ram might work for you if you want to try it…

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience and clarification.

1 Like

Anytime…I usually keep my phone charging at work and use my xdrip watchface for glucose…if I receive a notification of a predicted low, It appears on the watch and will say predicted low in 86 minutes, or 38 minutes, etc…best thing ever…I also set up distinct movie ringtones for low, high, predicted low, helps during activities in the sunlight where you’d have to stop to shade the watch or phone, and works with Bluetooth headsets

2 Likes

I just started using dexcom g6 and I am having trouble connecting my ticwatch pro as standalone, it worked great with libre but with dexcom when I finally got it to work it only reads every 10 min and drops connection after a while. Can you let me know how you set it up?

1 Like

i dont use the ticwatch pro as a stand alone, as it never worked well for me, however, i rarely look at my phone, especially at work, its usually on the charger, and the watch works fine as long as the phone is in the vicinity… most people use the blue jay watch for stand alone, and with the ticwatch, you might be able to force collect and use it as a stand alone, but again, i haven’t had any luck with it…as far as the libre, i could not get it to work with xdrip unless i was on a 2018 phone with android 9, but im in the u.s. and our libres are encrypted

1 Like