Do you use a diabetes logbook?

I would guess also skewed to diabetics more educated and active in their care and decision making (or their caretakers are ). Simply having CGMS available without much training or DOC support would likely result in improvements.

Does data submission include data such as years with T1D, complications, food intake, activity, etc?

you’re hysterical!!! :rofl:

I’ve always been one to find a way to use technology to overcome my laziness, so I’ve never logged anything ever. I used the OneTouch UltraSmart meter when I was first diagnosed and synced it with my computer. My pump history and xDrip statistics are good enough for me these days, I realized there really are no patterns for me, every day is different depending on what I eat and my stress levels, exercise, etc. With Dexcom I’m constantly making adjustments on the fly, I rarely look back other than to see my average and SD!

2 Likes

That is really, really cool @elver. I haven’t seen stats like that before. Thanks for sharing!

I’m actually a little surprised that the average cgm levels are as high as they are. Hopefully they’ll start reporting standard deviation in the future. That would be interesting to see.

2 Likes

Sure, I could use some :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I use an Android app called OnTrack for my logging needs.
In fact, my first Android phone was purchased for the sole purpose of running this app, and was never even used as an actual phone.
Sadly, the OnTrack app’s last update took a dramatic turn in the wrong direction, which resulted in a lot of folks abandoning ship.
My solution was just to install the pre-updated version, and then lock it down so that it doesn’t do any future updates.
Which means, I suppose, that I would only recommend it if you can source the “not latest” version, which is no longer available directly from Google Play.
It’s also not available from the OnTrack website, which, bizarrely enough, seems to endorse the mySugr app instead.
Which I suspect is due to some sort of referral credit that OnTrack receives when folks sign up for the mySugr Pro plan. (billed monthly)

1 Like

I use the DiabetesM app. I log pretty much everything and they have an area to track site locations too.

1 Like

Screenshot_20180421-005401_DiabetesM

Screenshot_20180421-005602_DiabetesM

2 Likes

I used to be irritated when my endo would ask for 3 days’ worth of logs so she could make important decisions for my dosing. Couldn’t be bothered. Probably 8 months ago I started to NEED to understand what my numbers were doing and why… my sanity depended on it. I made myself up a custom-fit chart and started writing. I now walk around with clipboard, tester, calculator and a bagful of understanding of what this disease looks like on me. Not a test passes where there isn’t something worth writing down. I know I’ll burn out, too, but not yet. I really have WAY too much learning to look away now.

1 Like

Make sure to pace yourself for the long haul. We don’t want you to burn out, but if you have the inspiration, by all means follow it. We have had bursts of learning that have been quite fun, followed by more relaxed periods as well.

I think you’re my soulmate. In diabetes logging at least. :slight_smile: we log the same way, tracking the same things, and for the same reason… because we’re crazy— I mean because we like to reference back. :smiley: that was just a joke— I really do look back all of the time, and it really does help me keep moving forward. :sunglasses:(I’m trying to expand my face choices).

The only difference is I DO use a CGM… and I still test 25 times a day. :fist:

1 Like

why do you use the cgm? just curious what you get out of it?

sigh

I don’t know. This is a complicated question. First of all, I am on the 670G so, I’m theory, I need it to get full function out of my pump. In reality, I don’t want full function… I really only like half function, the manual mode side, and I really don’t need the CGM to continue using that. I’ve learned, finally, how to read my sensor values differently, so I guess it does still serve some kind of purpose?? Those question marks mean I’m asking you… which means whatever that purpose is is unknown to me.

sigh again…

What’s worse is that now I have the freestyle Libre attached, too. I’m a collector. How about that? That sounds good. :smiley:

1 Like