DN’s Running and Other Mishaps Thread

I’m betting you’d get a lecture as a side. :grinning:

2 Likes

You don’t get a choice in any of it. But she wouldn’t have ever seen that pic because she would’ve already been busting your door down at a 73 with one sideways, slightly angled down arrow. But the key is to not resist— at *all— and to keep a towel nearby. At all times. I’d say lock your door, but then you’ll just be replacing the door.

Choice of sides include a lecture on not letting your blood sugar drop like that or not being a chauvinist. You do have a choice in that. Unless you’ve recently demonstrated sexist behavior. Then you lose the choice.

And how’s your blood sugar now??? You all better??

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

I let him know his sides options. :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: lmfao :rofl:.
The Pic is an epic sensor fail. I never went south of 120. My days of seriously out of control swings has been largely mitigated by migrating to a pump/cgm and seriously working on dialing in my numbers . Still happens, but not as extreme as pictured above anymore.

FWIW my spouse was on full freak out, phone in hand trying to call for help. Glad I was close by so I could save everyone some embarrassment, lol.

4 Likes

So glad that’s not my reality. Happy for you she cares enough to go all 911, but that dog won’t hunt around our house. Then again…

1 Like

I’m guessing then, that I will have zero choices…

Hahahaha! I fully read that twice as LETTUCE not lecture. So I was wondering what @Eric knew about @elver that made him think it would be a side order of lettuce. Although I like egg salad with lettuce. So I’m not complaining. But I was confused.

Side order of LECTURE - now that makes sense. :rofl: :leafy_green: :leafy_green::leafy_green::leafy_green:

2 Likes

That’s actually way funnier!

1 Like

There’s no time for 911 at the speed she moves. It’s high intensity reaction. Ever see footage of a tornado as it rips through everything, leaving pure destruction in its path? The children, the cats… everyone takes cover.

3 Likes

7 Likes

You might be guessing wrong. We have qualified judges here to handle that decision…

Actually, your complete lack of understanding about how lectures work makes me wonder if you’ve not been the recipient of many… Not truly deserving one does not guarantee not getting one.

And we’ve got our own judges.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s IT!!! That is exactly what it’s like around here. At least for those who were prepared. Some poor suckers still thought it was safe to try to get into the shower. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Hang in there baby! Storms a comin!

I’ve been caught out… Again… Sigh!

This was a real text from her. Wasn’t sure if I should check my blood sugar… or watch my back. :grin:

4 Likes

hmmm…that might correlate to the coal in the stockings theory. For now I would watch my back.

XDrip has this emergency message feature (beta) that i somehow triggered yesterday. Gives, lat/long and a bunch of other info in case you are seriously hypo. My spouse who gets the emergency text went sideways last night as I was driving home from getting dinner. I was chuckling, her not so much. Guess that’s why it’s still Beta. I’m still laughing though…

3 Likes

Your… poor… wife. You better watch your back, too. I know better than to let my mom see me laugh. I wanna live after all.

2 Likes

Welcome to week 7.

You are not going to be getting much more physiological benefit at this point. This is about maintenance. Balancing between not losing the fitness level you have gained - just maintaining fitness - while also gaining freshness in your legs.

Please follow the workouts closely. No ad-libs allowed. Doing only 3 miles sucks? Too bad!

Also this week you need to really cut back on your total caloric intake. Please try to cut 25-35% of your calories. Whatever you lose this week you will gain back next week when you fuel up. So losing a couple pounds this week is ideal. Whatever you weigh now is probably the weight you will be racing at. You need to cut back now so you can eat more next week, so please be very disciplined with that.

Follow the paces and distances as closely as you can please.

2 Likes

That’s a double whammy. And… my race is not next weekend? So what happens in week 8?? Is my race next weekend?!

Saturday, May 4 at 7:30 a.m.

1 Like