DN’s Running and Other Mishaps Thread

You got through the chip thing. I am not asking you to give up coffee. Just don’t drink it right before a run.

I thought you posted something about having coffee right before a run just recently. That is why I am bringing it up.

Here it is. From 3 days ago. :arrow_down:

All of this is prep. I want you to race without coffee.

I don’t have anything worse. This is it.

1 Like

No, but you might as well be. I’m crying. Just so you know.

I think I did. And maybe I do have some regrets in life.

:hear_no_evil:

What about the coffee gels? Or speed? :smiley: Seriously, the coffee gels aren’t like drinking coffee, but what if I just only… dang.

1 Like

I’m fine.

3 Likes

How does adrenaline feel to you? You won’t miss the coffee on race day, I promise. You won’t miss it, you won’t need it.

1 Like

But how will I ever be ready for race day if I can only run 2 minutes at a time before needing a nap?

There are 3 things I want you to start working on this week. Do you know what they are?

I’m afraid to ask. :smiley:

3 things.

1. Sleep more.

2. Log your diet a little bit to see where you are in terms of total calories, and percentage of carbs, fat, and protein. Just to make sure you are in the right ballpark.

3. And the last is…

You tell me the last one, to see if you are listening.

1 Like

Try to not drink coffee a couple of hours before a big run… or …

I’m listening. I’m just not remembering. :smiley: This is a lot of pressure here…

It starts with the letter “T”.

And no, it is not [INAPPROPRIATE]!!!

:grinning:

:rofl: :rofl:

:woman_facepalming:

Speechless. I was going with something training-related, but I’m glad you clarified. :smiley:

1 Like

Thyroid, my Princess!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

Never been so nervous waiting on a word. :smiley:

Thyroid… that’s right. Now it’s all coming back. Okay— the problem is that brings me back to my current endo who told me not to worry about it… which brings me back to our talk about finding a new endo… which brings me back to my To Do list… which makes me feel like i need a coffee. :smiley:

I was about to email my endo tomorrow anyway to ask for stuff. I’ll mention it to her and see if she’ll just send it to the lab for me. If she won’t, I’ll rearrange my list and put “find new endo” at the top. And get to someone who will give me the test.

2 Likes

I am gonna start cussing about this. Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

If your endo won’t simply write it up for you to be tested, you have the wrong endo.

Why in the world would there be anything to argue or debate? It is simply a blood test. No reason for you to not have it checked.

I mean, you are not asking for anything crazy.

2 Likes

And if you were my endo, I wouldn’t be putting replacing you at the top of my list. I’m not sure why she wouldn’t just write it. She said she would test again in 6 months (probably 4 months now).

What is really stupid is that you mentioned being tired and needing naps.

Maybe it is fine. But is there really any reason to not test it?

1 Like

Sending off the big message today to my endo to see if she’ll hook me up with a thyroid test. :grin:

But that’s not why I’m here. I’m here to say, @Eric, that I haven’t had a cup of coffee since 8…30. I’m getting on the treadmill in 15 minutes. That’s 2 1/2 hours which I think is double the half-life, which means this is pure will power and determination that will be fueling my steps, so IF that fails, and I should need a nap half way through, we’re going to plan B which is for me to have a coffee before I start. So I’m glad we’re in agreement then and I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

I just looked at the times that @Eric is suggesting for you @Nickyghaleb! Wow, you’re fast!!

3 Likes

If I’m fast, then that’s just happened now. I was happy with just the one 15 minute mile, but I guess Eric has decided I’m going to do more than that. :smiley:

Thank you, @TiaG. The last time I ran more than a couple of miles here and there was in high school, and I was just above average at the time. I did 4 miles in 32 minutes today, and I wasn’t in a car in traffic. That’s a victory. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m late to get it down in here, as usual, but it’s not from a lack of excitement to do so… My run went great today, and I was at least 3 hours out of a cup of coffee by the time I got started, so we’re sticking to Plan A for now. :grin:

BG was pretty easy and good all morning with a few sporadic suspends to keep me in line. I was beginning to creep up a little about 20 minutes before I started, but I obviously went going to do any insulin— so I just hustled up on getting ready. Started my run with a banana and a BG of 132… or 131?? Can’t remember exactly. I had a couple of energy beans, which I was complaining about the other day, but now with no coffee, am showing the utmost respect, almost 2 miles in. I’m not sure the exact count, but I think it was about 10g of carbs. When I was still feeling a little unsure of whether or not I was gonna hold at almost 2.5 miles, I decided to have a GU— 22 g of carbs. My CGM line on both G6 AND Libre stayed almost perfectly flat the entire time. I probably should’ve trusted I was okay on the carbs and not had the second one, but I really was afraid that even a little crash was going to make the running 10X harder. Anyway, I finished at a 107, and I did the workout exactly as prescribed. Without the stinkin coffee. So happy. :hugs: My RPE was probably at around 7-7.5 for much of the first 3 miles, but I definitely went up to an 8 or higher with 3/4 mile left. Did it though. When I was done, I did a 1.5 unit IM shot, and then 30 minutes later… sat at a 235. :woman_facepalming: I ended up doing roller coasters the rest of the evening, but that’s okay. I can work on those, too. Oh, cadence was 97-99 the entire run, and I didn’t wear the heart rate monitor, so heart rate was perfect. :grin: That’s all I’ve got— unless I missed something…

1 Like