DN’s Running and Other Mishaps Thread

I was just kidding. Glad to know ya. Definitely no mistake.
:grinning:

I want the remainder of the week to be easy base miles and rest days. We can’t go into any hard workouts until you are completely recovered.

So take Wednesday as a compete rest day.

On Thursday just do 30-45 minutes at an easy 9:00-10:00 pace. Nothing more than that.

Friday should be a 25 minutes recovery run, no faster than 9:00 pace.

On Saturday do 60 minutes at 9:00-10:00 pace.

We will get back to work next week after you have had a few days to recover. I promise it will be worth the wait.

Thanks, I hope you had a good one too!

1 Like

Thought today was Thursday. :grin:

Pay attention, woman! :wink:

2 Likes

Well, that’s the problem. I thought it was the 27th. :smiley: Anyway, I got a run out of it, so it all turned out okay. :wink:

I won’t go into too much detail since it was a bonus run anyway, but I’ll say I did a nice, relaxed 4 miles, and that my BG was also very relaxed. :smiley: I’ve got my heart rate monitor on now, and my heart rate was also pretty relaxed… my hip was relaxed, my mood… relaxed… What more can a girl want? :smiley:

Off to read my manual. For real this time. :smiley:

Take Thursday off.

There is no cheating allowed. That includes running when you are not supposed to run.

1 Like

Your use of cheating makes me think you doubt that it was an honest mistake. :smiley:

Anyway. That’s fine. I’ll enjoy a dance. :smiley:

That’s fine. I just want to make sure you are not getting back into it too quickly. Just pulling the reins back a bit.

I know right where you are now. And don’t worry, you will be exactly where I want you next week. :wink:

1 Like

All right then. I promise not to think tomorrow is Friday or Saturday. :wink:

I like the idea of you knowing me well, but then there is the problem of you knowing me well. :grin:

1 Like

So @Nickyghaleb, is your hip doing better bc of posture changes or exercises or am I doing a terrible job at reading (which is generally the case)?

1 Like

I can make for a tough read. Don’t be so quick to blame yourself. :grin:

I’m not sure, to be honest. I think the postural change and increased cadence is huge. When I start to get tired, I start to lumber more, and I guess it’s more than just an eye sore when I do. :grin: I went for a gait analysis, and he showed me where I was taking the impact of each foot plant, and it was mostly all in my hips. It’s a conscious effort every run to get myself situated right, but it almost immediately alleviates any discomfort I might be feeling. Rarely is there just one cause to things, so I’m sure the exercises are also contributing, but it’s that instant relief that makes me lean toward gait as the main cause. I’m feeling really good, really strong, and… really hopeful. I’m most nervous about that last part as I kind of know better, but it’s not an easily controlled emotion. :thinking:

2 Likes

Interesting! I’m really excited for your physical accomplishments, but more importantly for your improved confidence, happiness and boldness!!

2 Likes

How sweet of you—thank you! And I think you just gave me something to shoot for in 2019. I don’t do resolutions because I spend more time thinking them up than seeing them through, but a few overarching themes are nothing from which to shy away. Especially that bold one… I like the idea of being bold in 2019. I can see a lot of good in that. :heart:

2 Likes

Ran … can’t remwmeber now what I was supposed to run… but I ran 3 miles today. Started at 78 and ended at 73. Had 3 GU thingies during the run. :grin:

Looking forward to next week when you push me a little??

2 Likes

3 miles, starting at 78, and you think you aren’t being pushed. PLEEEEEAAAAASE…

2 Likes

That’s that brainwashing I was suspicious of… you’ve just confirmed it. :thinking:

2 Likes

Okay, @Eric, back on track this week, right?? You ready? :smiley:

This last week was patchwork between my being sick and the holidays, and then yesterday I missed after being out all day with my kids, but I got in a really nice run today. Since I missed a beee-utiful day last week when I was sick, I decided to go outside today and get some of what was being offered. It was cold but lovely, and I’m glad I did. I ended up going 39 minutes (you said 30, but I didn’t hear my timer), 4.65 miles (felt great), and I started at an 85 and ended at a 70. My heart rate was even good… better than I left off the last time anyway. Even on the longest hills, I topped off at a 182. You once mentioned the heat as a factor… certainly would explain such a good number today.

I haven’t done any Levemir since 5 am, so I’m about to go give myself a healthy bolus… to carry me until my basal kicks in… from my … new pump. :star_struck:

Assuming I don’t drop dead tomorrow, what a great way to finish out 2018. (Knock on wood knock on wood). :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I am ready. But a few things first…

How are you doing on stretching and the core work you are supposed to be doing? Still doing core at least 5x per week and stretching every day?

How about some estimates on your food intake? Have you done that yet? Carbs, protein, fat, and total calories? Just some general ballpark numbers on all of that. Just look at typical days, what is “normal”.

Pump plans? Starting this week?

I am working on getting a good doctor recommendation to read your MRI for you. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

1 Like

This last week has been a little soft, but I’ll go do it now. There’s no reason to not do it.

So… this week has also been a little holiday-ish and wouldn’t necessarily be … I’ll start now. No reason not to. :grin:

Done. As in… already taken care of. Got that puppy sitting on my left hip. :grin:

You’re a doll. :wink:

What else? :grin:

2 Likes

What else? Week 6.

Give me RPE and all the insulin/BG/carb numbers every day. Focus best effort for BG on the significant days - Mon/Thurs/Sat.

Week 6:
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, 12/31
LT Training

1/2 mile warmup @ 9:00-10:00 pace

3 Repeats:

• 1 mile @ 7:41 pace (7.8 mph)
  • 1/2 mile @ 10:00 pace (6.0 mph)

(The last rep at 6.0 mph also works as your cooldown. Total today = 5 miles, counting warmup)

Focus on good flat BG for the start of this run. Do not overdose the carbs on this one. Hold good form on the mile repeats, do not push through the last one with poor form.

Tuesday, 1/1
Happy New Year!

40-45 minute Easy Run
8:30-9:30 pace

Wednesday, 1/2
Rest day, stretch and core only

Thursday, 1/3
Pace Intervals

1/2 mile warmup @ 9:00-10:00 pace

4 Repeats:

• 4 minutes @ 10:00 pace (6.0 mph)
  • 3 minutes @ 8:00 pace (7.5 mph)
  • 2 minutes @ 7:30 pace (8.0 mph)
  • 1 minutes @ 7:13 pace (8.3 mph)

1/2 mile cooldown @ 9:00-10:00 pace

(total ~ 5.72 miles)

Focus on good flat BG for the start, and do not overdose the carbs. Hold good form, and keep high cadence please.

Friday, 1/4
25 minute Recovery Run
10:00 pace

Saturday, 1/5
60 minute Progressive Pace Long Run

• 20 minutes @ 10:00 pace (6.0 mph)
  • 20 minutes @ 9:13 pace (6.5 mph)
  • 20 minutes @ 8:00 pace (7.5 mph)

(total ~ 6.6 miles)

Stick with the pacing. Go easy on the first 40 minutes so you can outperform on the last segment.

Sunday, 1/6
Rest day, stretch and core only

1 Like

:hugs:

It doesn’t look easy, but it looks great. :heart:

1 Like