DN’s Running and Other Mishaps Thread

I’m sorry, @Eric. I asked you a question like 6 hours ago, and you were so quick to respond, and I”m just getting to sit down to give you the information. I’ve been at a sprint for the ENTIRE TIME handling things you couldn’t even imagine… I actually punctured my vein with the meat thermometer… which I had just pulled out of a slightly undercooked breast of chicken. These are the kinds of things that are happening when you don’t hear from me.

So intensity… It goes from being under control a good chunk of the time to my feeling desperate for a breath. A full chest. If that makes sense. This is the part I was talking about with the breathing. I’m just not crazy about that kind of breathing in water because I dislike feeling like I can’t take a breath any time. I’m not doing sprints or anything, but I”m moving along at a good clip for me, and sometimes I find myself out of breath. I pretty much have one speed once I start, and it’s … it’s work. I don’t know how to describe it any better. I’m not a swimmer. :roll_eyes:

BG was at about a 190 when I started. Now I can’t remember what —. I can’t remember why it was rising. I decided not to do any insulin though and just let it push up so that I could get into the water and feel comfortable that I wasn’t going to crash.

1. No… it was rising.
  2. 190ish.
  3. About 3/4 of an applesauce… maybe less (10 grams of carbs?) … as I headed out to the pool. :grimacing: I forgot about that.
  4. No coffee, thank you very much. 4 coke zeroes. But those don’t affect my blood sugar. KIDDING. ONE Coke Zero about 30 minutes before. But those don’t affect my blood sugar at all.

I did 14 units of Levemir this morning and 7 at 3:00 pm. I ended up doing over 8 after the swim of novolog and finally had a coffee at 3… I brought a banana and applesauce and everything and expected to have the same kind of crash as yesterday but never did.

I’ll see if I can include my graph…