Discussion of Government Response to Covid-19

I think if the Donald singlehandedly invented the cure the left wing media would still criticize him for it at this point and millions of Americans would call it racist.

1 Like

Warm weather might help a little, but likely isn’t enough.
I think at this point most experts agree that the coronavirus is much deadlier than the flu. Though the number of people that have died from the flu is higher, the coronavirus has a higher mortality rate.

1 Like

Likely isn’t enough as will be no single factor but enough factors together will hopefully tip the scales

1 Like

1 Like

Sure, but saying the virus will go away in April with the heat (if that’s Trump’s actual claim) is a bit of a stretch. It’s quite warm in Australia right now and they have the coronavirus as well.

1 Like

@Boerenkool I’m glad that President Trump and the Response Team are not just sitting around doing nothing and just waiting for summer.

The fact is, is that heat and humidity drastically reduce the virus load on contaminated surfaces. That is not disputed, it is a FACT.

And in the end, hopefully from all the grief and inconvenience we are going through now, it will keep the death rate at it’s current lower levels.

@Sam The women are transvestites, and the black man is wearing black face makeup.

/s

That’s Ben Carson’s shoulder barely showing too

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-4/

"Q Could you just respond to something, Mr. President, before you leave, on what Jon was saying? You’ve — you’ve called for people to leave politics out of this. Joe Biden said, “The World Health Organization offered testing kits that they had available to the United States and to give it to us now. We refused it. We didn’t want to buy them.” PolitiFact says the WHO never made that offer. Can you tell us what actually happened?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, that’s what I heard… [lots of content that is not directly related here]

But let me have somebody answer your question…"

"DR. BIRX: Yeah, so I tried to cover this in the answer when I talked about quality of kits. And our quality analysis runs through the FDA. So all of these platforms, we have asked people to submit. And we’ve asked states to quality control. So, I mean, the — anybody could submit their test to us. We don’t buy tests that haven’t been quality controlled and they show us the data. Either show us the data upfront or show us the data after they’ve been running them.

Because quality testing for our American people is paramount to us. It doesn’t help to put out a test where 50 percent or 47 percent are false positives. Imagine what that would mean to the American people. Imagine their level of concern now in telling people that they’re false positive.

We take the same approach to HIV. Imagine telling someone they were positive to HIV and they weren’t. So that is our bottom line: the customer, the American people first. And so any of these groups can submit their testing kits through our regulatory processes, but without that and without a plan, we are not going to accept tests that have not been studied by us."

So testing kits were delayed because the government refused to use the tests from the WHO because they might give too many false positives…

1 Like

I don’t know much about this… but yeah… we don’t allow medical tests, procedures, medications etc in this country that haven’t been approved in this country. That protects our citizens. The administration worked quickly with companies like roche to develop and bring to bear quality tests that can be approved by our system of safeguards and cut an unbelievable amount of dysfunctional red tape to do it safely.

First do no harm.

Considering testing kits on their own are very non-invasive…

We’ll see how that comforts the families of those who die because the virus spread so fast.

1 Like

@Katers87 Yes. You are absolutely right. The government did refuse test kits from WHO because by our standards the test was unpredictable and inferior.

Shame on them for refusing to buy supplies that are inferior and tests that don’t work properly.

I guess you’re for regulation until you’re not.

1 Like

They gave false positives. I would have preferred those over no tests at… especially if they were used on those entering the United States from China.

Instead no tests were used and no directions given to citizens returning from China during the first stages of this virus after the travel ban had been implemented.

Developing more effective tests would definitely be preferable, but who’s tests are way better than the alternative.

1 Like

This is why we don’t treat viruses with doterra oils and sanitize hospitals with Norwex enviro cloths.

False positives would be horrific. Tests have to be approved. Streamlining the process to get proven tests to the market is far superior.

Lol can you imagine how long it would have taken to get the tests rolling with a red tape pro regulation democrat in office ?

So was it an error?

Or are we going with the other party is just more pathetic?

I don’t really care what your political affiliation is or how much you dislike Democrats. I have no idea how it would have been different and I’m not making any statement about that.

Refusing the WHOs tests was a mistake and we will pay for it with lives.

1 Like

Was it an error? No… it was the existing laws of the land and the administration quickly worked to allow a faster more efficient process to approve tests that hopefully actually work.

And use already scarce resources to treat patients who didn’t need treatment. Inconveniencing patients who didn’t need it. And we’re not talking about a couple of people. The test had a false positive variance of 47%!

Doctor, I suggest you take in the facts as a whole before administering treatment to your patients.

A test is not treatment…

There was no treatment for covid 19 other than ventilators for those in critical condition.

1 Like

thats How it works in this country and in every other civilized part of the world, medical devices, tests, treatments, etc have to be approved. It’s how you know when you’re buying insulin that it’s not just saline. I think the decisions and streamlining of processes has taken place with the guidance of leading experts instead of armchair quarterbacks like us

Who are we trusting then? Just the administration and people they’ve hired? I wonder what is in their best interest right now…

Is there a qualified outside source? If there were, would you be willing to listen to a contrary perspective?