Dextape

My Dextape arrived and so far, I LOVE it!

What I love about it so far - and I’ll update this post as he’s wearing it through this entire sensor session.

1. So far, on day 2, there is no lifting of the tape along the edges. Believe it or not, with Tegaderm, there would already be slight peeling along the edges.

Pic 1 of DexTape on Liam’s arm:

Pic 2 of DexTape on Liam’s arm:

1. It’s SMALL! (6cm X 9cm) There isn’t any other product I’m aware of that is this small – suitable for small children/toddlers. Liam HATES when we need to peel off the old tape because it was just too big.

DexTape Shot 1 (in the pack)

DexTape Shot 2 (outside the pack)

1. There is NO NEED to cut out the holes - they are already cut out. The cut out rectangular section is the PERFECT size! With Tegaderm, I had a cardboard template that I had to place over top of the tape, then “cut out” the hole with a scalpel.

2. I don’t see any “reaction” with his skin at all.

3. It has a tab that you use to begin the “peeling” process to remove the top cover layer.

The “tab” that you pull to begin the peeling process.

1. This product is made BY A DIABETIC, so you know he has the Diabetic community in mind first and foremost. Todd (the owner of DexTape) has had Diabetes for over 31 years!

2. It arrives in a nice padded envelope with an inner plastic baggy that all protect the product nicely.

Outer Ziploc protective baggy
IMG_0841

Inner protective sleeve for each tape

1. Lastly, it comes with a nice Instruction sheet if you’re unsure how to apply it!

Instruction sheet
IMG_0842

QUESTIONABLE THINGS AND THINGS THAT I FEEL COULD BE IMPROVED

1. I’m not sure what the date area is for? Perhaps if you have a large quantity of them, to mark the tape so that you know which you received first? But after you peel away the tape, that part gets thrown away, so although it’s a nice feature, it’s not useful to me at the moment. Eventually, if I buy them in bulk, they would become more important (if there is a shelf life I need to worry about.)

IMG_0849

**Note: I am inviting Todd to our forums to read this review, so if he joins us, I’m sure he could help us with understanding this, and any other questions we may have about DexTape.

1. I’ve only applied one DexTape thus far so it could just be my inexperience with it, but the paper on top that gets peeled away seemed slightly difficult to remove. I did end up figuring it out, but it seemed to hang at one point and I had to dig in to continue peeling off that protective layer.

RATING RIGHT NOW FROM 1 TO 10? 10

3 Likes