Dextape

Has anyone purchased from them recently? @rgcainmd reported she loved the tape. But I am having trouble purchasing on the site.

2 Likes

I have been using Tegaderm and cutting a hole in it. I’ve been looking for something like this!! I was able to purchase the DexTape on their website - I purchased 1 order of the small and checked out OK - Paid via PayPal.

Thanks!

(If you have problems purchasing, restart computer and/or try from another computer.) If you keep having issues and still want some, let me know and I’ll order some and send it to you if you need.

1 Like

These were supplied for the study in which I participated and worked pretty well for about 2 weeks. They are easy to put on compared to OpSite!

3 Likes

I bought in bulk a few weeks ago. It’s all i use. Sure hope they aren’t having trouble.

1 Like

@Irish, could you link where you purchased in bulk from? I’d much prefer this option also since I foresee we’ll be using these for many years to come. Or did you add multiple items into the cart and purchase them bulk that way? Is there a discount for bulk purchases?

1 Like

I ordered direct for them. Same prices, unfortunately. But I just this minute completed another purchase with them, so they seem to be up and running okay. I have always elected to pay through paypal, so perhaps this is the issue, @Michel?

ETA: I’ve found that the small size always suffices (more than suffices). When an old one starts to wear down about day 6 or 7 (sometimes a lot longer), I carefully peel the old one off and reapply a new one, occassionally soliciting my husband’s help to make sure I’m not peeling Dex off with it.

2 Likes

I am really glad you mentioned it as I was going to purchase a mix of small and large patches!

I tried to purchase last night really late. Possibly it was a maintenance time, or I need to get rid of my site cookies. I couldn’t even use the contact form. I will try again tonight, and follow @ClaudnDaye’s tips.

I figured the problem: the site is powered by Weebly and uses third party cookies to power the cart. My computer security is quite tight and I don’t allow third party cookies as a default - that does not work well with Weebly!

I did make a purchase just now – so I will be comparing it to Griffgrip in the next few weeks.

3 Likes

Same, will be comparing DexTape with Tegaderm. I do love the fact that it’s pre-punched…with Tegaderm, I had to scalpel out my own hole. The fact that it’s smaller will be great for Liam’s little arm also (that’s the hope anyway!). Can’t wait to try them out. Thx for linking them @Michel!

Looking forward to you review. We are coming up on a Griffgrip reorder.

Yes - looking forward to @ClaudnDaye’s review too and hope his review mentions how well it works with with little arms.

2 Likes

I am just realizing that I should have ordered large ones too, because for swimming they might be useful: adhesion to skin is really hard to maintain over 2-hour swim practices. So I am also ordering a batch of large ones.

Yes, I did wonder about this for you. My guess is the small ones might work better than you’d hoped, but I’ll be eager to see what you think.

1 Like

@ClaudnDaye, we use a punch to cut through tegaderm. The right punch cuts the very exact shape needed for the Dexcom sensor. We prepunch all of our Tegaderms, directly through the packaging.

The link above is unavailable right now but it can be found in multiple places: it is the perfect shape.

2 Likes

I’ve always used a cardboard template and scalpel.

I bought and own a cgm hole punch but its like a small hole punch and doesn’t fit perfectly into where I need it on the tape.

1 Like

Is this the same one, @Michel?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C90WN2C/ref=asc_df_B00C90WN2C5146936/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00C90WN2C&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194014373664&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4612340508021631662&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033787&hvtargid=pla-312118242716

@Irish, the classic punch makes a hole of size 7/8" x 1 1/2", perfect for the Dexcom.

But, in one the questions asked in the one you listed, the answer given for the dimensions of the “tag’ punch is 2.2” long by 1.3". So it looks like this one will not work :frowning:

The “tag” classic appears to be out of stock on ebay too, really too bad.

1 Like

You can do this with Tegaderm without creating a sticky, crumpled mess? I bought this punch a while ago, but so far it’s been a fail with both Hypafix and Opsite tape, even when I try folding it in paper first.

1 Like

Yes. Easily. While it’s still in the wrapper…I can create a demo video if desired.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why I’m having trouble. Hypafix and Opsite both come in rolls.