Dexcom: when it works, it's great, but when it doesn't it stinks

this is exactly one of the reasons i no longer use the dexcom. i am astounded that more people dont experience this flaw. i might have had 1/2 an afternoon on dead on readings, but otherwise, it just lied to me compulsively. :crazy_face:

Don’t get me wrong, this is still a vital piece of equipment for us… But more for the trending. When it’s within normal range it’s usually within 1 or 2 numbers off. Even under 220 it’s pretty spot on. But over 220 and under 100 it’s just not stable enough that we use the numbers for treatments. But it’s still the single best piece of D-equipment and a lifesaver for us.

2 Likes

one of the reasons i went back to just finger sticks is that my dexcom was off so many times, that i ended up doing MORE finger sticks than before i had the cgm. but i admit, i go through an enormous amount of test strips each day (about 20 ) (especially when i am swimming, when i test every 1/2 hour during my swim).

1 Like

I love Dexcom…haven’t switched to G6 yet as full disclosure…but I got an extreme low Sugarmate wake-up call last night. I tested to see if that was right and I was 94. Glad I didn’t just trust it! I’m on day 4 of this sensor. It was routinely off by 35% yesterday when I was under 100. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yikes. FWIW, I find the G6 to be much more accurate for me than was the G5.

3 Likes