Dexcom G7 on Apple watch

Hm my question is real specific. Can I just glance at the watch face and see my reading, or does the dexcom complication still just show dashes most of the time which have to be tapped to them see the reading in the dexcom app on the watch?

1 Like

I haven’t used it since I use a watch 4 series which is not compatible w/ Dexcom direct to watch. Hwr, I would not be surprised it is draining the watch faster. This was the case with the Sony SWS watch once the standalone xDrip+ was running on it as well.

2 Likes

Overall, I have never been impressed with the battery life of their watch. Even when the display is not on and it isn’t doing anything except keeping track of the time, it does not seem to last as long as it should. I am sure the Dexcom stuff makes it even worse.

1 Like

It seems to show the “—-“ a lot less frequently. I’ll pay close attention to it for the next couple days and let you know how often it fails to display my BG.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed any difference in my 2.5 year old Apple Watch 7 since I started using direct-to-watch. Though because I sleep with my watch on (I use its sleep tracking feature, and use my watch as my alarm clock, and like to be able to see my BG in the middle of the night), I charge it for 30 minutes before bed and again for 20 minutes in the morning while I’m in the shower and getting dressed etc.

@HighNoonPasta While I have seen the “—” some, most of the time, it’s the actual BG numbers and usually current.

I experienced th same thing as @CarlosLuis regarding the font size (ridiculously small, and seemingly no way to fix it I could find).

3 Likes

Does anyone know of Android direct to watch is on the Dexcom road map?

After a day of intentionally looking at the Dexcom complication on my watch every so often, I never saw it display the dreaded “—-“. I’m sure it will show it sometime or be stale sometime, but at the very least, it’s a lot better than before.

3 Likes

@ned Excellent what generation/model Apple Watch do you have? I am going to upgrade from my ancient watch and see if I have a better experience.

I have an Apple Watch 7.

I love all the excitement of G7 to Apple watch. It’s been a (too) long time coming. Congrats to the Apple community in finally getting a straightforward app. Progress…

4 Likes