Dexcom G6 Transmitter reset with xDrip+

My G6 transmitter expired a few days ago. After reading many forums I installed xDrip+ on my Samsung Galaxy tab, connected to the transmitter and reset. I checked the dates and it showed 108 days remaining. Unpaired fromTab. Now on the iPhone (that I usually use with Dexcom app) I unpaired and deleted connection, rebooted. Tried to set up a new connection to the transmitter with the transmitter ID. Dexcom app did not connect. It appeared my Dexcom account had the info about that transmitter and ‘knew’ that transmitter expired after 90 days. Did anybody face this problem? Any workaround? Thanks.

1 Like

If your transmitter has a serial # of 8Gxxxx, 8Hxxxx, or 8Ixxxx, xDrip+ will not be able to restart it. Dexcom has really clamped down on the length of time it will work.

2 Likes

The xDrip status shows days used, not days remaining.
I have done reset in past with 8G, but current 8G with later software revision doesn’t work. XDrip shows message that it attempted reset, but it isn’t actually updated. My transmitter firmware is 2.18.2.98 and has given me the battery Low warning.

Older versions may still allow.
Thinking I may get more days using non-native, or find they locked that down too.

I have 8K transmitter. There is currently no app that can reset it?

1 Like

Hi @Adelaida, welcome to FUD!

As far as I know Dexcom seems to have locked down on transmitters resets. I could be wrong though.

Anybody had any luck?

1 Like

No luck here, stopped trying.

1 Like

Not related to reset, but why is my xdrip display now showing options for 3,6,12,24 hour display. Takes up too much space!! How to undo update ?

1 Like

@MM2 Long press blood drop icon at slightly left at top, deselect chart time frames in dialogue, done.

2 Likes

Yep, done! Thanks so much!!

1 Like