Dexcom G5 Calibrations

sorry, >115 in the table

1 Like

@RCA221 Thanks for running this comparison. It really does validate the incredible work that has been put into xDrip+.

One question. Are you using the OB1 collector in xDrip+, or the original xDrip algorithm? I would think OB1would be the most accurate.

Also, in case you haven’t seen it yet, xDrip+ offers many different algorithms, like Datricsae, that potentially work better for some people.

So I suspect your work is not done :wink: (You can find them in settings> less common settings>advanced calibration)

I’m running the OB1 collector.

Other than that I haven’t figured out (didn’t know) that there were other algorithms. But if I find them I will try them out. I assume you still need the OB1 collector checked.

Actually, if you leave OB1unchecked you’ll be using the xDrip+ algorithm, written for the G4 or G5. If you want to use one of the plugin algorithms, you have your choice of Datricsae, the original xDrip algorithm, or a couple of experimental algorithms.

If you’re using the G6, then OB1 is highly recommended.

So your choices are xDrip+ standard, OB1, Native (Dexcom transmitter embedded algorithm), Datricsae, or original xDrip. That’s one of the beauties of xDrip+, the customizations are almost limitless.

Even more customization is available if you use Tasker, an Android (or THE Android) automation app. There’s a Tasker plugin that hooks the two together.

XDrip+ is truly amazing!

What? Your last post has me very confused. So I am using the G5.

The only choices I see are under G5/G6 Debug Settings.

1. I can have OB1 checked. I assume that is Xdrip revised and not original.
  2. Native Algorithm which I assume is Dexcom

I don’t see the others unless you get another by leaving everything unchecked.

So am I using Xdrip revised with OB1 checked? Why would I try Xdrip original even if I could find it as that suggests it has been superseded? Where are the others although I doubt I will test any more unless you have some background on what the algorithm is supposed to do? Do you have any idea of the most used? I assume it is native Dexcom.

Sorry I just reread your post and found Datricsae and Xdrip original although it is referred to as secondary and experimental. I think I am all set with choosing between Dexcom and Xdrip OB1.

1 Like

Hi Doc,

A couple questions related to past discussions.

Do you know Dexcom warranty policy on transmitters delivered from a distributor. Think it is 1 year from SB (ship by) date but not sure?

FYI, I purchased a Contour Next One and after 6 readings, the App would not collect readings yet they are on the meter. Called company twice and the second time that said they will have to escalate it to management as it is supposed to work on my Pixel 2. I was able to link the meter to Xdrip but I see no or little actual or potential value linking it to Xdrip. I think you use One, What value do you see linking it to X?

Oh, and if you use a transmitter that’s out of warranty when you first insert it, have you ever found that it lasts significantly less days than 90-112? I wonder what the value is in trying to extend life of transmitter when we get one every 90 days from medicare and we eventuality will run into some that are out of warranty. PS. Do you still hold the record for 195 days?

Oh, and if I switch back to Dexcom Native, will I run into the 7 day sensor restart which takes two hours Or would that be eliminated or at least shortened?

Thanks

Hi @RCA221 I am not very familiar with dexcom’s warranty.

Linking the Contour Next One to xDrip+ is just a matter of convenience that you don’t have to manually enter finger sticks.

Transmitters that are unused after the warranty expires would probably not make it to 90 days. The battery depletes while sitting on the shelf. The current build of xDrip+ shows how long this period is.

In my experience Native mode requires the 2 hour wait. I think there are some workarounds, but I’m patient :smile:

Glad to see you’re getting along well with xDrip+!

One last thing on Native mode. Could I run Xdrip on Native but just before the 2 hour warmup switch to OB1 and take Native off and would that prevent the 2 hr warmup? I’m not trying to be lazy, just that I could be in a tough situation and not want to lose readings for 2 hrs.

@RCA221 I’ve never tried that, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with the G5. I just might try that!