Dexcom G4 / G5 Sensors and Transmitters Box Symbols - Diagrams

There was a conversation on this a bit earlier and I thought it might be nice to create a couple ‘quick reference’ guides to help folks who may be trying to decipher what the symbols mean on their Dexcom G5 Sensor and Transmitter boxes. (I’m not 100% sure whether the G4 transmitter is the same as the G5 transmitter, but I labeled them as if they were the same.)

I created a couple of guides that can possibly be made a Wiki for quick-reference.

9 Likes

Outstanding!

@ClaudnDaye. Thanks for the deciphering of the hyroglyphics.

An interesting aside, the serial number of my last G5 transmitter was also 40P19C. I wasn’t aware that they reused serial numbers.

2 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

I took this image from the internet. Perhaps you posted your box on the internet and I cooincidently used that image for my diagram?

1 Like

Maybe so, I don’t remember. But you can send me image royalty fees if you wish :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

haha. Yeah “checks in the mail.”

2 Likes

Now that is pretty funny! I bet that is what must have happened!

FUD must have been at the top of the first results page :slight_smile:

haha. I just did the search again and sure enough…the image was from Doc, from this post:

3 Likes

I knew it!!!

What can I say? He takes good pictures! :stuck_out_tongue: There were a lot of boxes, don’t know what drew me to that one other than it just looked to be “the most clear” picture. So, kudos on your picture taking abilities, Doc…missed your calling.

3 Likes

Would it be ok if those Royalty fees were paid in donuts? :doughnut:

1 Like

Preferably.

1 Like