Developing better infusion sets

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! Here’s more information about this technology:
http://capillarybio.com/steadiflow_technology/
I can see how this technology prevents cannula kinking and reduces occlusions, but it remains unclear to me how this prevents problems such as lipohypertrophy and allows the patient to wear the infusion set for 7 days or more.

2 Likes

It isn’t clear, because it isn’t mentioned. I wonder if they are just assuming that 7 day infusion sets won’t increase lipo issues, rather than studying the issue. I realized when you asked your question, that i have no idea how long you have to infuse to have a lipo problem.

1 Like

The Healthline article mentions it as an example of infusion site problems, so I expected the article to explain how this innovation solves such problems, but disappointingly it didn’t.
I have no idea either how long you have to infuse to get lipo problems. Even people on MDI can develop lipo problems, right?

Yes, they check my son for it all the time, even when we were on MDI. So anytime you don’t switch enough to fresh tissue it can be a problem, but it never has for us, so I don’t have any idea of the edges.

1 Like

@Boerenkool I think the development rates depends in the individual.