Changing Batteries in PDM caused POD error?

Heck, maybe they wanted it back and EH didn’t ship it. He’s trying to actually sleep. So I can’t ask. :joy:

I’m glad you’re getting a new one. It’s a bummer when that stuff malfunctions.

This was a great thread about how the basal will keep running when the PDM isn’t. Thanks to you for a good question @T1Allison and to @Eric for the detailed info.

That reminds me: does everyone know you can mail back your expired pods? They’ll send a bag to ship them.

2 Likes

Still? I thought they cancelled that program in the States. Over on TUD people complain about that now and again. Canadians can still return theirs.

Dude, maybe they DID cancel it. But I’ve got a bunch of the mailers when they fill up I send them off. Awkward!

You’re right according to this! Man. That’s a bummer.

Clearly a trip to Canada with a suitcase full of used pods is in order. And a frustrated phone call to Insulet is also in order.

1 Like

When my teen is changing the battery in his pod it is asking him to reset the date and then he has to change his pod again. Not only are we wasting pods but he has to wait 3 hours to take any insulin. Thank God it’s not asking us to put in insulin information again… But I understand the pods are under warranty but wouldn’t this be a manufacturer defect? I have twin boys and only one of them is having this issue so I was hoping somebody could tell me if I could get another meter insulet Corp.? We don’t use that company for our supplies anymore because they don’t accept the new insurance so I don’t know if the pod would still be under a warranty with them. I know they told me before you could get a new meter once a year. The only reason I’m asking on here is because I was on hold for about 2 hours and I really don’t want to wait on hold if there’s nothing I can do. So if somebody hasn’t answered to this question I would really appreciate it!

This happened to me when the PDM internal battery was failing. One clue is that the clock no longer keeps the correct time. Insulet overnighted me a new PDM—no problem since then.

1 Like

I had remembered this from the past and although we don’t use the PDM anymore, I did a bit of searching and found a couple posts where it was briefly discussed.

Hope some of this helps in perhaps preventing it in the future. As far as the replacement, I wouldn’t think so if you’re not one of their customers but I could be wrong.

1 Like