CBD Oil and Diabetes: What You Need To Know – Diabetes Daily

well, until they do the clinical trial where they tell half the people to smoke pot, the other half not to, and then study them like 15 years later, we’ll never know for sure. I eagerly look forward to the institutional review board evaluation of that study.:rofl:

But I mean, come on – marijuana causes people to hallucinate while high. So, sure you can say you’re not totally convinced, but it’s not exactly the most far-fetched hypothesis.

Just a note that the study I linked isn’t really “anecdotal” – it’s observational. But it’s about as robust as the data we use for all sorts of decisions. For instance, it’s not hugely different from the evidence that low and high blood sugar harms brain development and function in kids.

2 Likes

I mean, I agree. I know many devoted potheads who have spent decades smoking marijuana. I wouldn’t say it’s absolutely benign for them, but certainly it has not caused mental illness. I think the tricky thing is that not everyone will know they’re susceptible to mental illness, so there’s a huge group of people who will mostly be fine but some small fraction of them will be harmed.

Tia, have you ever even smoked pot before?? Nothing, I repeat, nothing about marijuana makes you “hallucinate.”. If you are hallucinating then someone laced it with LSD or something.

Zero hallucinagens(sp??) in pot.

I habe to say I am not talking about smoking pot or taking THC, I am talking about cbs oil which has no thc, it does not get you high. Sure with the medical marijuana card I could, but not planning on. I have terrible nerothropy and am looking for relief.

2 Likes

Have you considered or tried acupuncture?

While there is nothing hallucinagenic about THC, there is evidence to support marijuana causing brain changes (via functional MRI studies) in people who in their teenage years and early 20’s smoke frequently. To assume that these changes are benign in all people would be a reach. WIth that said, I also don’t think the doom and gloom stuff is real either and am glad they have made MJ legal in many states including the one I live in, so no one is going to jail over their chosen vice.

If someone has schizophrenia in their family, they would be well advised to steer clear of the stuff.

2 Likes

haha, trick question! No way would I post something like that on the Internet! But marijuana does cause mild changes in visual processing and other distortions. The hallucinations aren’t like, say, taking a bag of mushrooms or something. But to me, even if it’s a really really boring hallucination, if you’re seeing something that isn’t there, that’s a hallucination.

You never smoked pot then. I smoked the ■■■■ out of pot as a teen and I never once saw anything that wasn’t there. Munchies - check. Soda - check. Video games - check. Never spiders on the walls or anything melting…just total relaxation and chilling out. But I knew what I was smoking was straight marijuana, though, because it was grown…:coughs: …close by…

And as someone with a TS/SCI with Lifestyle Polygraph, I’m not afraid to talk about it - because I’ve already disclosed it. lol.

Now shrooms…THAT is a good time. Still not really hallucinations, though…but more so than pot. :stuck_out_tongue:

In the interest of full disclosure I smoked the ■■■■ out of it untill i went to work for the government in 1990 and haven’t done scence. Not looking to smoke it again, but who knows, depends on price I guess.

1 Like

It’s worth pointing out that a lot of the pot available today is way more potent than the stuff around decades ago. THC doses may not be comparable.

Another article about CBD oil:

1 Like

I’ve used a CBD oil for shingles and my T1D daughter uses it regularly. Unlike pot, it doesn’t get you high. You might not even notice anything when using it other than maybe feeling a tad less anxious or possibly a bit sleepy.

1 Like

There’s a big, long story in the NYT Magazine all about CBD oil this week. If you have a spare half-hour, you might check it out! I found it interesting, if too long.

1 Like