"Car baked" insulin. An experiment for Irish

I know you would not want to do that with your child’s insulin! And I do not recommend it for anyone.

But the joy of this site for me is that we can share information without having to worry about someone waving the “finger of doom” in our face when we do something that is not standard. It’s just about sharing information without judgement. That’s what makes it a great place. Glad you could join us!

Make sure to introduce yourself here:
https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/welcome-introduce-yourself-here/

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Overheated tresiba?

@Eric- thank you for performing this experiment! I won’t be so stressed when I am out in warm weather. A big thank you for helping us put our minds at ease! Whew. We could be hiking, just enjoying the day/activities and to have to worry about our insulin? It could put a damper on things. Not any more.

Have you,or anyone tried a similar experiment on the test strips? I recall when I travelled not long ago to the Far East during one of the hottest heat waves, I was beside myself from worrying about the insulin and the test strips.

I have left test strips in a hot car for months with no problem. Heat is not an issue.

But what kills teststrips is the humidity!

2 Likes

Humidity also kills ketostix

3 Likes

That’s good to know.

Agent Maxwell Smart may have said, “The old humidity kills the test strips trick.”

Thanks.

2 Likes